* RFC: Static memory controller node description
@ 2013-01-10 15:40 Michal Simek
       [not found] ` <CAHTX3dJ+ii9dP7w860Or80NWOAPoYZt8ftUwNfAe6WkEoeQJXQ-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Michal Simek @ 2013-01-10 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: devicetree-discuss-uLR06cmDAlY/bJ5BZ2RsiQ, Rob Herring,
	Grant Likely, Josh Cartwright, Soren Brinkmann

Hi guys,

we want to add static memory controller driver for xilinx zynq to the
linux kernel. (It will go to drivers/memory/ folder)
Just need to clear dts fragment which describe it.

It is compatible with pl353 with 2 interfaces when only one interface
can be used.
Nand, nor and sram memories are supported. Driver will do additional
setup for NAND and power management.

I am using extended compatible property based on
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/primecell.txt. Is it correct?

Nand case (we have special driver for nand) - interrupts are used only
in connection with nand.

smc@0xe000e000 {
	#address-cells = <1>;
	#size-cells = <1>;
	compatible = "xlnx,ps7-smc", "arm,pl353", "arm,primecell";
	reg = <0xe000e000 0x1000>;
	interrupts = <0 18 4>;
	interrupt-parent = <&ps7_scugic_0>;
	ranges;
	nand@e1000000 {
		compatible = "xlnx,ps7-nand-1.00.a";
		reg = <0xe1000000 0x1000000>;
		xlnx,nand-width = <16>;
	}
}

or this one for NOR

smc@0xe000e000 {
	#address-cells = <1>;
	#size-cells = <1>;
	compatible = "xlnx,ps7-smc", "arm,pl353", "arm,primecell";
	reg = <0xe000e000 0x1000>;
	ranges;
	nor: nor@e2000000 {
		compatible = "cfi-flash";
		reg = <0xE2000000 0x2000000>;
		bank-width = <1>;
	}
}

Can you see any problem with these dts fragments?

Thanks,
Michal

--
Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng)
w: www.monstr.eu p: +42-0-721842854

* Re: RFC: Static memory controller node description
       [not found] ` <CAHTX3dJ+ii9dP7w860Or80NWOAPoYZt8ftUwNfAe6WkEoeQJXQ-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2013-02-08 22:55   ` Grant Likely
From: Grant Likely @ 2013-02-08 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michal Simek, devicetree-discuss-uLR06cmDAlY/bJ5BZ2RsiQ,
	Rob Herring, Josh Cartwright, Soren Brinkmann

On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 16:40:09 +0100, Michal Simek <monstr-pSz03upnqPeHXe+LvDLADg@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> we want to add static memory controller driver for xilinx zynq to the
> linux kernel. (It will go to drivers/memory/ folder)
> Just need to clear dts fragment which describe it.
>
> It is compatible with pl353 with 2 interfaces when only one interface
> can be used.
> Nand, nor and sram memories are supported. Driver will do additional
> setup for NAND and power management.
>
> I am using extended compatible property based on
> Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/primecell.txt. Is it correct?
>
> Nand case (we have special driver for nand) - interrupts are used only
> in connection with nand.
>
> smc@0xe000e000 {
> 	#address-cells = <1>;
> 	#size-cells = <1>;
> 	compatible = "xlnx,ps7-smc", "arm,pl353", "arm,primecell";
> 	reg = <0xe000e000 0x1000>;
> 	interrupts = <0 18 4>;
> 	interrupt-parent = <&ps7_scugic_0>;
> 	ranges;
> 	nand@e1000000 {
> 		compatible = "xlnx,ps7-nand-1.00.a";
> 		reg = <0xe1000000 0x1000000>;
> 		xlnx,nand-width = <16>;
> 	}
> }
>
> or this one for NOR
>
> smc@0xe000e000 {
> 	#address-cells = <1>;
> 	#size-cells = <1>;
> 	compatible = "xlnx,ps7-smc", "arm,pl353", "arm,primecell";
> 	reg = <0xe000e000 0x1000>;
> 	ranges;
> 	nor: nor@e2000000 {
> 		compatible = "cfi-flash";
> 		reg = <0xE2000000 0x2000000>;
> 		bank-width = <1>;
> 	}
> }
>
> Can you see any problem with these dts fragments?

Looks fine to me.

g.

@ 2013-02-12 13:30   ` Ezequiel Garcia
       [not found]     ` <CALF0-+V8iJZGW1riVSEXv0PGThOHxRh7P6JZb_ESb9C=+OyPOQ-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Ezequiel Garcia @ 2013-02-12 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michal Simek
  Cc: Josh Cartwright, devicetree-discuss-uLR06cmDAlY/bJ5BZ2RsiQ,
	Soren Brinkmann, Rob Herring

Hi Michal,

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 12:40 PM, Michal Simek <monstr-pSz03upnqPeHXe+LvDLADg@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> we want to add static memory controller driver for xilinx zynq to the
> linux kernel. (It will go to drivers/memory/ folder)
> Just need to clear dts fragment which describe it.

I'm working on a (perhaps) similar memory controller and I'm
interested in seeing
how you will implement this one.

Do you have some patches (no matter they are preliminary) for me to look at?

Also, which SoC is this? Does it have a public manual?

    Ezequiel

@ 2013-02-12 13:48       ` Michal Simek
       [not found]         ` <CAHTX3dJT40OC1vf-KYLshhiDNigZRKOBh6ieH8qPgbyCMcjwPA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Michal Simek @ 2013-02-12 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ezequiel Garcia
  Cc: Josh Cartwright, devicetree-discuss-uLR06cmDAlY/bJ5BZ2RsiQ,

2013/2/12 Ezequiel Garcia <elezegarcia-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>:
> Hi Michal,
>
> On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 12:40 PM, Michal Simek <monstr-pSz03upnqPeHXe+LvDLADg@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> we want to add static memory controller driver for xilinx zynq to the
>> linux kernel. (It will go to drivers/memory/ folder)
>> Just need to clear dts fragment which describe it.
>>

> I'm working on a (perhaps) similar memory controller and I'm
> interested in seeing
> how you will implement this one.
>
> Do you have some patches (no matter they are preliminary) for me to look at?

http://git.xilinx.com/?p=linux-xlnx.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master-next

look for: memory: Add driver for Zynq SMC

> Also, which SoC is this? Does it have a public manual?

It is xilinx zynq. - arm cortex a9 dual core.
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug585-Zynq-7000-TRM.pdf

Thanks,
Michal

--
Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng)
w: www.monstr.eu p: +42-0-721842854
Maintainer of Linux kernel - Microblaze cpu - http://www.monstr.eu/fdt/
Maintainer of Linux kernel - Xilinx Zynq ARM architecture
Microblaze U-BOOT custodian and responsible for u-boot arm zynq platform

@ 2013-02-12 13:52           ` Ezequiel Garcia
From: Ezequiel Garcia @ 2013-02-12 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michal Simek
  Cc: Josh Cartwright, Rob Herring,
	devicetree-discuss-uLR06cmDAlY/bJ5BZ2RsiQ, Soren Brinkmann

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 02:48:47PM +0100, Michal Simek wrote:
> 2013/2/12 Ezequiel Garcia <elezegarcia@gmail.com>:
> > Hi Michal,
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 12:40 PM, Michal Simek <monstr@monstr.eu> wrote:
> >> Hi guys,
> >>
> >> we want to add static memory controller driver for xilinx zynq to the
> >> linux kernel. (It will go to drivers/memory/ folder)
> >> Just need to clear dts fragment which describe it.
> >>

> > I'm working on a (perhaps) similar memory controller and I'm
> > interested in seeing
> > how you will implement this one.
> >
> > Do you have some patches (no matter they are preliminary) for me to look at?
>
> http://git.xilinx.com/?p=linux-xlnx.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master-next
>
> look for: memory: Add driver for Zynq SMC
>
> > Also, which SoC is this? Does it have a public manual?
>
> It is xilinx zynq. - arm cortex a9 dual core.
> http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug585-Zynq-7000-TRM.pdf

Great!

Thanks a lot,

--
Ezequiel García, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux, Kernel and Android Engineering