* How to hairpin two Ethernet interfaces together (L2 hub/repeater mode)?
@ 2013-02-23  0:10 Petri Gynther
From: Petri Gynther @ 2013-02-23  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev

Hi netdev:

I'd like to hairpin two Ethernet interfaces together (e.g. eth0 and
eth1) so that any frame received on eth0 is forwarded as-is to eth1
and vice versa.

Does Linux networking code support this? I've looked at the bridging
code, but it doesn't seem to do this (at least trivially).
Specifically, when eth0 and eth1 are added to bridge, unicast frames
destined to eth0 (or eth1) MAC address end up to the bridge interface
for local consumption, rather than being flooded to other ports on the
bridge.

Any trivial solutions to this? Can Linux bridge be configured in L2
hub/repeater mode so that it simply floods every Rx frame to all other
ports of the bridge?

* Re: How to hairpin two Ethernet interfaces together (L2 hub/repeater mode)?
@ 2013-02-23  1:42 ` Hannes Frederic Sowa
From: Hannes Frederic Sowa @ 2013-02-23  1:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Petri Gynther; +Cc: netdev

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 04:10:54PM -0800, Petri Gynther wrote:
> Any trivial solutions to this? Can Linux bridge be configured in L2
> hub/repeater mode so that it simply floods every Rx frame to all other
> ports of the bridge?

You could have a look at openvswitch, it supports (R)SPAN ports.

* Re: How to hairpin two Ethernet interfaces together (L2 hub/repeater mode)?
@ 2013-02-25 19:16 ` Jamal Hadi Salim
From: Jamal Hadi Salim @ 2013-02-25 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Petri Gynther; +Cc: netdev

Look at tc action redirect. Add it to ingress of eth0 to match
everything and send out on eth1.

cheers,
jamal