* mentor
@ 2013-05-14  4:39 Balbir Choudary
From: Balbir Choudary @ 2013-05-14  4:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Hi,

Please if anyone can provide project idea or mentor ship for my college work on btrfs.
I have C programming experience and some linux filesystem understanding.

thanks.

Balbir

* Mentor
@ 2015-11-03  5:32   ` sanjeev sharma
From: sanjeev sharma @ 2015-11-03  5:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hello Ranjith,

Another way is to look into the bugs at https://bugzilla.kernel.org/

Regards
Sanjeev Sharma

On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 1:26 AM, Peter Senna Tschudin <peter.senna@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>

> On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 4:59 PM, Ranjith T <ranjithece24@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am Ranjith from India and I would like to contribute something for
> > linux kernel. But I really don't know from where I have to start.(I
> > have submitted linux kernel patch already).
>
> I would suggest you to start with the Eudyptula Challenge:
>
> http://eudyptula-challenge.org/
>
> It is fun and will expose you to many different parts of the kernel.
>
> --
> Peter

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* Mentor
@ 2015-11-02 19:56 ` Peter Senna Tschudin
From: Peter Senna Tschudin @ 2015-11-02 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

@ 2015-11-02 16:33 ` Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
From: Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu @ 2015-11-02 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Mon, 02 Nov 2015 21:29:56 +0530, Ranjith T said:

> I am Ranjith from India and I would like to contribute something for
> linux kernel. But I really don't know from where I have to start.

Step 0:  Decide *why* you want to contribute code.

Step 1:  Pick a particular part of the code that interests *you*.  If somebody
suggests (for instance) filesystems, but you aren't interested in them, the
result *will* be bad code.

(For example, most of what I do is just build and run a new linux-next kernel
every week or so, and report or fix anything that breaks on my Dell laptop)
From: Chris Lee @ 2015-11-02 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Best thing to do is determine what you are interested in. Pick an area and
start studying. The kernel is to big imo to be floating around everywhere.
I picked dvb drivers, others are interested in networking or graphics etc.

UDL

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015, 9:02 AM Ranjith T <ranjithece24@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am Ranjith from India and I would like to contribute something for
> linux kernel. But I really don't know from where I have to start.(I
> have submitted linux kernel patch already).
>
> Thanks,
> Ranjith.T.

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* Mentor