* Re: USB audio Gadget - code 10 error
       [not found] <51ae1eb1.88d1ec0a.38dc.662aSMTPIN_ADDED_BROKEN@mx.google.com>
@ 2013-06-05  3:22   ` anish singh
From: anish singh @ 2013-06-05  3:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eamon Hayden, alsa-devel; +Cc: kernelnewbies

adding alsa-devel

From: anish singh @ 2013-06-05  3:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

adding alsa-devel

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 10:35 PM, Eamon Hayden
<eamon.hayden@cloudiumsystems.com> wrote:
> I?m trying to use the linux usb audio gadget but I get the error : ?This
> device cannot start (code 10) when I connect to a windows 7/8 box. I don?t
> have this problem when I connect to ubunto 12.0.4
>

> I?m current using kernel 3.6.9, but have also had the issue with an older
> kernel (2.6.39.4).
>

> I?m not sure if this is an appropriate issue for this mail list, but I need
> to get a resolution to this...
>

> Thanks for your help.
>
> Eamon.

* Re: USB audio Gadget - code 10 error
  (?)
@ 2013-06-05  3:28   ` Jassi Brar
From: Jassi Brar @ 2013-06-05  3:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: anish singh; +Cc: alsa-devel, Eamon Hayden, kernelnewbies

> On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 10:35 PM, Eamon Hayden
> <eamon.hayden@cloudiumsystems.com> wrote:
>> I’m trying to use the linux usb audio gadget but I get the error : “This
>> device cannot start (code 10) when I connect to a windows 7/8 box. I don’t
>> have this problem when I connect to ubunto 12.0.4

You didn't tell if you are trying UAC1 or UAC2 ?  The latter won't
work as such because iirc Windows don't support UAC2 natively (you'll
have to load some 3rd part divers).

-j

* RE: [alsa-devel] USB audio Gadget - code 10 error
@ 2013-06-05  7:41     ` Eamon Hayden
From: Eamon Hayden @ 2013-06-05  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Jassi Brar', 'anish singh'
  Cc: alsa-devel, 'kernelnewbies'

I've tried both UAC1 and UAC2 at this stage and both give the same result.

From: Eamon Hayden @ 2013-06-05  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

@ 2013-06-05 17:08       ` Eamon Hayden
From: Eamon Hayden @ 2013-06-05 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Eamon Hayden', 'Jassi Brar', 'anish singh'
  Cc: alsa-devel, 'kernelnewbies'

Just to be sure...
I just downloaded a clean copy of kernel 3.6.9.
I then configured it for UAC1 and the USB Audio Gadget.
I rebuilt and installed the g_audio loadable module.

Again I get the 'This device cannot start (code 10)' Error when I connect windows 7.

My expectation is that that this should work with the default windows drivers - Is this correct.

Thanks for your help.
Eamon.

@ 2013-06-05 18:46           ` Jonathan Neuschäfer
From: Jonathan Neuschäfer @ 2013-06-05 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eamon Hayden
  Cc: 'anish singh', alsa-devel, 'Jassi Brar',
	'kernelnewbies'

On Wed, Jun 05, 2013 at 06:08:36PM +0100, Eamon Hayden wrote:
> Just to be sure...
> I just downloaded a clean copy of kernel 3.6.9.
> I then configured it for UAC1 and the USB Audio Gadget.
> I rebuilt and installed the g_audio loadable module.
>
> Again I get the 'This device cannot start (code 10)' Error when I
> connect windows 7.
>
> My expectation is that that this should work with the default windows
> drivers - Is this correct.

This seems to be a problem you have with Microsoft Windows 7, is that
correct?

Or do you rather get the error message 'This device cannot start (code
10)' on Linux? If so, please post a more complete error log.
Also, the output of "lsusb -v" might help.

HTH,
Jonathan Neuschäfer

From: Jonathan Neuschäfer @ 2013-06-05 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Wed, Jun 05, 2013 at 06:08:36PM +0100, Eamon Hayden wrote:
> Just to be sure...
> I just downloaded a clean copy of kernel 3.6.9.
> I then configured it for UAC1 and the USB Audio Gadget.
> I rebuilt and installed the g_audio loadable module.
>
> Again I get the 'This device cannot start (code 10)' Error when I
> connect windows 7.
>
> My expectation is that that this should work with the default windows
> drivers - Is this correct.

This seems to be a problem you have with Microsoft Windows 7, is that
correct?

Or do you rather get the error message 'This device cannot start (code
10)' on Linux? If so, please post a more complete error log.
Also, the output of "lsusb -v" might help.

HTH,
Jonathan Neusch?fer

@ 2013-06-10  7:41           ` Eamon Hayden
From: Eamon Hayden @ 2013-06-10  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Jonathan Neuschäfer'
  Cc: 'anish singh', alsa-devel, 'Jassi Brar',
	'kernelnewbies'

Yes, I only have this problem with Windows (versions 7 and 8 are the ones I have tried).

I don't have this problem on Linux - or more specifically I don't have the issue on Ubunto 12.0.4

Is there anybody that has tried this with windows?

Thanks,
Eamon.