* [Buildroot] About Code Sourcery and Crosstool-NG
@ 2013-07-04  8:40 Woody Wu
From: Woody Wu @ 2013-07-04  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,

When the online manul talks about external toolchain, it mentiond
crosstool-NG.  But when I firstly open the 2013.05 buildroot, I found
there is no crosstool-NG in the options at all, but I found Code
Sourcery ARM.

I want to know, why this happen? Does it mean that buildroot team prefer
Code Sourcery over than crosstool-NG?

On the other hand, can anyone pleas also be kind to give me short
introduction in how to use the Sourcery toolcahin to build my own
applications? It's homepage seems not easy to find this information.

Thanks in advance.

--
I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then

* [Buildroot] About Code Sourcery and Crosstool-NG
@ 2013-07-04  9:02 ` Phil Eichinger
From: Phil Eichinger @ 2013-07-04  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On 4 July 2013 10:40, Woody Wu <narkewoody@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When the online manul talks about external toolchain, it mentiond
> crosstool-NG.  But when I firstly open the 2013.05 buildroot, I found
> there is no crosstool-NG in the options at all, but I found Code
> Sourcery ARM.

crosstool-NG support is deprecated, check the CHANGES file.
You can still activate the option by checking "Show packages that are
deprecated or obsolete" under "Build options", but YMMV.
I used an external crosstool-NG install to generate my toolchain and used
that within Buildroot.

Cheers, Phil