* [U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2013.07 released
@ 2013-07-22 20:20 Tom Rini
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Tom Rini @ 2013-07-22 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hey all,

I'm pleased to announce that v2013.07 has been tagged and pushed out,
and will be available shortly in the usual places.

There's once again been a lot of great work done, and aside from the
usual rounds of cleanups, bug fixes and new SoC/board support or
improvements (your favorite vendor has likely added, improved, or both,
their current families support), one thing I want to call out here is
the ability to do verified boot.

For more details, take a look at doc/uImage.FIT/signature.txt but in
short, you can now cryptographically sign your boot image (kernel,
device tree, ramdisk) and verify them at run time.  There's still work
to be done to make it easier to tie things to a TPM (it's just
scriptable today), but hey, there it is.  One might even say this is one
of those technical features that makes companies chose something other
than U-Boot..

--
Tom
* [U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2013.07 released
@ 2013-07-23  5:28 ` Albert ARIBAUD
From: Albert ARIBAUD @ 2013-07-23  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Tom,

On Mon, 22 Jul 2013 16:20:58 -0400, Tom Rini <trini@ti.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I'm pleased to announce that v2013.07 has been tagged and pushed out,
> and will be available shortly in the usual places.
>
> There's once again been a lot of great work done, and aside from the
> usual rounds of cleanups, bug fixes and new SoC/board support or
> improvements (your favorite vendor has likely added, improved, or both,
> their current families support), one thing I want to call out here is
> the ability to do verified boot.
>
> For more details, take a look at doc/uImage.FIT/signature.txt but in
> short, you can now cryptographically sign your boot image (kernel,
> device tree, ramdisk) and verify them at run time.  There's still work
> to be done to make it easier to tie things to a TPM (it's just
> scriptable today), but hey, there it is.  One might even say this is one
> of those technical features that makes companies chose something other
> than U-Boot..

I'm not seeing the version tag in the master branch or elsewhere in the
u-boot repo. Should it not have appeared now?

> --
> Tom

Amicalement,
--
Albert.

* [U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2013.07 released
@ 2013-07-23  7:25   ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2013-07-23  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear Albert,

In message <20130723072832.1a9b179a@lilith> you wrote:

> > I'm pleased to announce that v2013.07 has been tagged and pushed out,
> > and will be available shortly in the usual places.
> I'm not seeing the version tag in the master branch or elsewhere in the
> u-boot repo. Should it not have appeared now?

It should, but I can't see it either.  I guess Tom must have missed
the "push out" step...

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I have often regretted my speech, never my silence.

* [U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2013.07 released
@ 2013-07-23 12:39 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2013-07-23 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear Tom,

In message <20130722202058.GA19104@bill-the-cat> you wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that v2013.07 has been tagged and pushed out,
> and will be available shortly in the usual places.

Thanks again for the great job you are doing here.

The u-boot-v2013.07 tarball is now also available on the FTP server,
and the release statistics have been updated on the U-Boot web site
(see [1]).

[1] http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/UbootStat_2013_07

Here a shortened summary:
Processed 948 csets from 161 developers
27 employers found
A total of 68587 lines added, 37600 removed (delta 30987)

Compare v2013.04:

   * Processed 980 csets from 135 developers
   * 25 employers found
   * A total of 78060 lines added, 44127 removed (delta 33933)

Developers with the most changesets
Simon Glass                136 (14.3%)
Fabio Estevam               42 (4.4%)
Beno?t Th?baudeau         41 (4.3%)
Jagannadha Sutradharudu Teki   31 (3.3%)
Michal Simek                29 (3.1%)
Tom Rini                    28 (3.0%)
York Sun                    27 (2.8%)
Marek Vasut                 23 (2.4%)
Otavio Salvador             19 (2.0%)
Stephen Warren              19 (2.0%)

Developers with the most changed lines
Simon Glass               10863 (11.8%)
Wolfgang Denk             9734 (10.6%)
Beno?t Th?baudeau       5767 (6.3%)
Hung-ying Tyan            4447 (4.9%)
Tom Rini                  3641 (4.0%)
Dirk Eibach               2839 (3.1%)
Mike Dunn                 2776 (3.0%)
Kuo-Jung Su               2696 (2.9%)
Sergey Lapin              2210 (2.4%)
Alison Wang               2052 (2.2%)

Developers with the most lines removed
Wolfgang Denk             8294 (22.1%)
Tom Rini                  3382 (9.0%)
Albert ARIBAUD             851 (2.3%)
Rajeshwari Shinde          763 (2.0%)
Daniel Schwierzeck         144 (0.4%)
Inderpal Singh             104 (0.3%)
Scott Jiang                 96 (0.3%)
Andreas Bie?mann           46 (0.1%)
Michael Trimarchi           24 (0.1%)
Ruchika Gupta               17 (0.0%)

Developers with the most signoffs (total 340)
Andy Fleming               135 (39.7%)
Minkyu Kang                 38 (11.2%)
Simon Glass                 19 (5.6%)
Andreas Bie?mann           14 (4.1%)
Tom Warren                  11 (3.2%)
Tom Rini                     9 (2.6%)
Kyungmin Park                8 (2.4%)
Sonic Zhang                  8 (2.4%)
Lokesh Vutla                 6 (1.8%)
Randall Spangler             5 (1.5%)

Developers with the most reviews (total 142)
Tom Rini                    40 (28.2%)
Marek Vasut                 19 (13.4%)
Simon Glass                 17 (12.0%)
Beno?t Th?baudeau         16 (11.3%)
Jagannadha Sutradharudu Teki   10 (7.0%)
Joe Hershberger              8 (5.6%)
Vadim Bendebury              5 (3.5%)
Otavio Salvador              3 (2.1%)
Stephen Warren               3 (2.1%)
Peter Korsgaard              3 (2.1%)

Developers with the most test credits (total 64)
Simon Glass                 11 (17.2%)
Lubomir Popov               11 (17.2%)
Jeroen Hofstee               6 (9.4%)
Stephen Warren               5 (7.8%)
Fabio Estevam                4 (6.2%)
Vincent Palatin              3 (4.7%)
Tom Rini                     2 (3.1%)
Marek Vasut                  2 (3.1%)
Tom Wai-Hong Tam             2 (3.1%)
Lukasz Majewski              2 (3.1%)

Developers who gave the most tested-by credits (total 64)
Albert ARIBAUD              16 (25.0%)
Vincent Palatin              4 (6.2%)
Otavio Salvador              4 (6.2%)
Simon Glass                  3 (4.7%)
Marek Vasut                  3 (4.7%)
Axel Lin                     3 (4.7%)
Hung-ying Tyan               3 (4.7%)
Fabio Estevam                2 (3.1%)
Andreas Bie?mann            2 (3.1%)
Rajeshwari Shinde            2 (3.1%)

Developers with the most report credits (total 11)
Albert ARIBAUD               1 (9.1%)
Lubomir Popov                1 (9.1%)
Tom Rini                     1 (9.1%)
Dirk Behme                   1 (9.1%)
Heinz Wrobel                 1 (9.1%)
Jason Liu                    1 (9.1%)
Ruchika Kharwar              1 (9.1%)
John Traill                  1 (9.1%)
John Williams                1 (9.1%)
Tapani Utriainen             1 (9.1%)
Dan Murphy                   1 (9.1%)

Developers who gave the most report credits (total 11)
Fabio Estevam                3 (27.3%)
Dan Murphy                   1 (9.1%)
Marek Vasut                  1 (9.1%)
Andrew Gabbasov              1 (9.1%)
Michal Simek                 1 (9.1%)
Lokesh Vutla                 1 (9.1%)
Roy Zang                     1 (9.1%)
Mark Jackson                 1 (9.1%)
Nishanth Menon               1 (9.1%)

Top changeset contributors by employer
(Unknown)                  173 (18.2%)
Freescale                  172 (18.1%)
Google, Inc.               148 (15.6%)
Texas Instruments           80 (8.4%)
DENX Software Engineering   78 (8.2%)
Samsung                     57 (6.0%)
Xilinx                      54 (5.7%)
ADVANSEE                    41 (4.3%)
NVidia                      25 (2.6%)
Atmel                       21 (2.2%)

Top lines changed by employer
(Unknown)                 22243 (24.3%)
DENX Software Engineering 14403 (15.7%)
Google, Inc.              13688 (14.9%)
ADVANSEE                  9522 (10.4%)
Freescale                 8611 (9.4%)
Texas Instruments         6129 (6.7%)
Samsung                   4340 (4.7%)
Guntermann & Drunck       3483 (3.8%)
Atmel                     2712 (3.0%)
Xilinx                    2508 (2.7%)

Employers with the most signoffs (total 340)
Freescale                  160 (47.1%)
Samsung                     61 (17.9%)
(Unknown)                   30 (8.8%)
Google, Inc.                28 (8.2%)
Texas Instruments           18 (5.3%)
NVidia                      12 (3.5%)
Analog Devices               9 (2.6%)
DENX Software Engineering    7 (2.1%)
Xilinx                       3 (0.9%)
Atmel                        2 (0.6%)

Employers with the most hackers (total 164)
(Unknown)                   58 (35.4%)
Freescale                   36 (22.0%)
Samsung                     11 (6.7%)
Texas Instruments           11 (6.7%)
DENX Software Engineering    7 (4.3%)
Google, Inc.                 6 (3.7%)
NVidia                       4 (2.4%)
Linaro                       4 (2.4%)
Boundary Devices             3 (1.8%)
Analog Devices               2 (1.2%)

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Computers are not intelligent.  They only think they are.

* [U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2013.07 released
@ 2013-07-23 15:23 ` Albert ARIBAUD
From: Albert ARIBAUD @ 2013-07-23 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Tom,

On Mon, 22 Jul 2013 16:20:58 -0400, Tom Rini <trini@ti.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I'm pleased to announce that v2013.07 has been tagged and pushed out,
> and will be available shortly in the usual places.
>
> There's once again been a lot of great work done, and aside from the
> usual rounds of cleanups, bug fixes and new SoC/board support or
> improvements (your favorite vendor has likely added, improved, or both,
> their current families support), one thing I want to call out here is
> the ability to do verified boot.
>
> For more details, take a look at doc/uImage.FIT/signature.txt but in
> short, you can now cryptographically sign your boot image (kernel,
> device tree, ramdisk) and verify them at run time.  There's still work
> to be done to make it easier to tie things to a TPM (it's just
> scriptable today), but hey, there it is.  One might even say this is one
> of those technical features that makes companies chose something other
> than U-Boot..

ARM-related repo custodians, FYI/

u-boot-arm/master merged (fast-forwarded actually) to u-boot/master.

> Tom

Amicalement,
--
Albert.