* [Qemu-devel] virtio-net with vhost RX stall
@ 2013-08-12 11:57 Benoît Canet
From: Benoît Canet @ 2013-08-12 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel; +Cc: mst

Hello,

I am chasing a randomly occuring RX stall with virtio-net and vhost-net.

So far we have a test setup with a kgdb to debug the guest and a regular gdb
to debug QEMU.
We are still trying to reproduce the bug in a test environment.

Once the bug reproduced would you have hints on what to look for in virtio-net
driver state ?
Any idea to debug this would be wellcome.

Best regards

Benoît

* Re: [Qemu-devel] virtio-net with vhost RX stall
@ 2013-08-12 12:10 ` Michael S. Tsirkin
From: Michael S. Tsirkin @ 2013-08-12 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benoît Canet; +Cc: qemu-devel

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 01:57:40PM +0200, Benoît Canet wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am chasing a randomly occuring RX stall with virtio-net and vhost-net.

Any chance the bug is fixed by 'virtio_net: fix race in RX VQ processing'?

> So far we have a test setup with a kgdb to debug the guest and a regular gdb
> to debug QEMU.
> We are still trying to reproduce the bug in a test environment.
>
> Once the bug reproduced would you have hints on what to look for in virtio-net
> driver state ?
> Any idea to debug this would be wellcome.
>
> Best regards
>
> Benoît

Dump the ring state and index values where they poll, on host and guest.

--
MST

* Re: [Qemu-devel] virtio-net with vhost RX stall
@ 2013-08-12 15:45   ` Benoît Canet
From: Benoît Canet @ 2013-08-12 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael S. Tsirkin; +Cc: Benoît Canet, qemu-devel

> Any chance the bug is fixed by 'virtio_net: fix race in RX VQ processing'?

We will test if we have more luck with a 3.10 and a backport of this patch.

> Dump the ring state and index values where they poll, on host and guest.

ok

Thanks

Benoît