* Are you interested in a Linux Kernel Off-topic Mailing List?
@ 2013-11-08 12:48 Aldo Iljazi
From: Aldo Iljazi @ 2013-11-08 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hello everyone. I am thinking of creating a Mailing List for our
community but for unofficial topics. I think it would help to know each
other and it would expand our conversation into different areas.

Politics and Religion are prohibited topics. I was thinking the areas of
discussion to be more on Science, Sports, Life, Philosophy etc.

What do you think?

I also created a poll here: http://poll.fm/4hqba
--
Aldo Iljazi

From: Aldo Iljazi @ 2013-11-11  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

 Aldo Iljazi wrote:

> Hello everyone. I am thinking of creating a Mailing List for our
> community but for unofficial topics. I think it would help to know each
> other and it would expand our conversation into different areas.
>
> Politics and Religion are prohibited topics. I was thinking the areas of
> discussion to be more on Science, Sports, Life, Philosophy etc.
>
> What do you think?
>
> I also created a poll here: http://poll.fm/4hqba
> --
> Aldo Iljazi

This poll is going to run for another 24 hours. So please vote if you
are interested (or not).

Thanks.
--
Aldo Iljazi

@ 2013-11-13 19:51 ` Aldo Iljazi
From: Aldo Iljazi @ 2013-11-13 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

I created it, here it is lkoml@googlegroups.com

https://groups.google.com/d/forum/lkoml
--
Aldo Iljazi

@ 2013-11-14  9:55   ` Aldo Iljazi
From: Aldo Iljazi @ 2013-11-14  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

 Aldo Iljazi wrote:

> I created it, here it is lkoml@googlegroups.com
>
> https://groups.google.com/d/forum/lkoml

Okay guys I moved it to my custom domain using the http://www.nabble.com
service.

Go to http://aldo.io and subscribe ;)
--
Aldo Iljazi

@ 2013-11-14 10:36     ` Levente Kurusa
From: Levente Kurusa @ 2013-11-14 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aldo Iljazi, linux-kernel

>  Aldo Iljazi wrote:
>
>> I created it, here it is lkoml@googlegroups.com
>>
>> https://groups.google.com/d/forum/lkoml
>
> Okay guys I moved it to my custom domain using the http://www.nabble.com
> service.
>
> Go to http://aldo.io and subscribe ;)

Umm, I wanted to see your website but it seems that your domain is only registered,
but no NS has been set so far it seems. (or not propagated yet)

Levente Kurusa

@ 2013-11-14 13:09       ` Aldo Iljazi
From: Aldo Iljazi @ 2013-11-14 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Levente Kurusa; +Cc: linux-kernel

Go to http://www.aldo.io
--
Aldo Iljazi

@ 2013-11-14 15:07       ` Aldo Iljazi
From: Aldo Iljazi @ 2013-11-14 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

I had issues with setting this up. Any help would be appriciated. Or any
easy recommendations.

Thanks.
--
Aldo Iljazi

@ 2013-11-14 14:35     ` Sudip Mukherjee
From: Sudip Mukherjee @ 2013-11-14 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

I support this idea of Salary/working environment/, on different
Country/Area/Industry. And we can also add with that job opportunities .

Regards
Sudip

From: rush @ 2013-11-14 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

>>> ?14.11.2013, 13:57, "Aldo Iljazi" <mail@aldo.io>:
>>> ?Okay guys I moved it to my custom domain using the http://www.nabble.com
>>> ?service.
>>>
>>> ?Go to http://aldo.io and subscribe ;)
>>>
>>> ?--
>>> ?Aldo Iljazi
>>
>>  rush wrote:
>>
>>  Hi,
>>
>>  It displays just a standard parking page of your domain name registerer. Is it ok?
>>
>>  --
>>  wbr,
>>  rush.
>>
> 14.11.2013, 14:09, "Aldo Iljazi" <mail@aldo.io>:
>
> If it doesn't work yet go to http://www.aldo.io/
> --
> Aldo Iljazi

Thanks, now it works.

--
wbr,
rush.

@ 2013-11-14  9:56                 ` Aldo Iljazi
       [not found]                   ` <76071384423438@web18j.yandex.ru>
From: Aldo Iljazi @ 2013-11-14  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

@ 2013-11-13 19:49               ` Aldo Iljazi
From: Aldo Iljazi @ 2013-11-13 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Okay guys I created it. Here you go lkoml at googlegroups.com

@ 2013-11-13 19:41             ` rush
From: rush @ 2013-11-13 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Sorry, that was just a default mail client setting.

One more time in plain text:

A good option may be google groups. ( https://groups.google.com/forum/#!overview )

--
wbr,
rush.

@ 2013-11-13 19:38           ` Aldo Iljazi
From: Aldo Iljazi @ 2013-11-13 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

@ 2013-11-13 19:37         ` rush
From: rush @ 2013-11-13 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* Are you interested in a Linux Kernel Off-topic Mailing List?
@ 2013-11-13 19:31       ` Aldo Iljazi
From: Aldo Iljazi @ 2013-11-13 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

So do you guys have any suggestions on where to setup the mailing list?

Thanks for your feedback and interest :)
--
Aldo Iljazi

@ 2013-11-13 11:35         ` Anuz Pratap Singh Tomar
From: Anuz Pratap Singh Tomar @ 2013-11-13 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 11:20 AM, Gustavo da Silva <gustavodasilva@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Or even who is not interested in Linux Kernel Off-topic Mainling List,
> just don't subscribe him/her in the list.
>

> 2013/11/13 Gustavo da Silva <gustavodasilva@gmail.com>
>
>> And... ...Why not?!
>>
>> Of course!! Topics as suggested by Jerry Zhang (Salary/working
>> environment, ...) is very interesting. And others topics may be "very"
>> interesting too.
>>
>> And if some e-mail posted is not interesting for someone, that someone
>> just not read the e-mail, and just move to trash!!!
>>
>> Peace out.
>> Gustavo.
>>

>> 2013/11/13 Jerry Zhang <jerry.scofield@gmail.com>
>>
>>> I am interested in something like Salary/working environment/, on
>>> different Country/Area/Industry. They make more sence, coming from the
>>> front line engineer other than all kinds of officially report.

>> --
>> Atenciosamente,
>>
>> Gustavo da Silva
>> gustavodasilva at gmail.com
>>

> --
> Atenciosamente,
>
> Gustavo da Silva
> gustavodasilva at gmail.com

> Little bit of off topic discussions are alright, I guess userland or some
tool related etc.
But anything else would be noise. Besides if there is another list, one may
or may not subscribe it.
By all means create a new list and post an advert, may be once or twice.

--
Thank you
Warm Regards
@ 2013-11-13 11:25       ` rush