* Can't unmount broken nfs mount
@ 2014-02-10 23:25 Phillip Susi
From: Phillip Susi @ 2014-02-10 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: util-linux

* Re: Can't unmount broken nfs mount
@ 2014-02-11  9:30 ` Karel Zak
From: Karel Zak @ 2014-02-11  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phillip Susi; +Cc: util-linux

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 06:25:05PM -0500, Phillip Susi wrote:

> Forwarding from debian bug #711183:
>
> User reports that a broken nfs mount has its mounted directory in
> /proc/mounts renamed from /foo to /foo\040(deleted) when an nfs mount
> is broken due to an unreachable server, and this prevents unmounting
> it since umount can not find "/foo" in /proc/mounts.  Is this a kernel
> bug, or something that umount needs to work around?

 I don't think this is a kernel bug, we already support "(deleted)" for
 /proc/swaps in libmount. All we need is to improve  libmount/src/tab_parse.c
 to supports this suffix in mount tables too.

    Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <kzak@redhat.com>
 http://karelzak.blogspot.com

* Re: Can't unmount broken nfs mount
@ 2014-02-17 12:19 ` Karel Zak
From: Karel Zak @ 2014-02-17 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phillip Susi; +Cc: util-linux

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 06:25:05PM -0500, Phillip Susi wrote:
> Forwarding from debian bug #711183:
>
> User reports that a broken nfs mount has its mounted directory in
> /proc/mounts renamed from /foo to /foo\040(deleted) when an nfs mount
> is broken due to an unreachable server, and this prevents unmounting
> it since umount can not find "/foo" in /proc/mounts.  Is this a kernel
> bug, or something that umount needs to work around?

I have improved the mountinfo libmount parser, now it removes the
"\040(deleted)" from the target path. You can try it with NFS.

    Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <kzak@redhat.com>
 http://karelzak.blogspot.com