* Movement of testcases.dtsi
@ 2014-02-24 10:25 Ian Campbell
       [not found] ` <1393237542.16570.26.camel-ommiHX4a84BXesXXhkcM7miJhflN2719@public.gmane.org>
       [not found] ` < 20140224194821.3D196C409F3@trevor.secretlab.ca>
From: Ian Campbell @ 2014-02-24 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: devicetree-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA; +Cc: Grant Likely

My device-tree-rebasing.git repo no longer builds, it fails with:
src/arm/versatile-pb.dts:50:26: fatal error: testcases.dtsi: No such file or directory

I suspect this is due to b5190516b282 "of: Move testcase FDT data into
drivers/of". I think I need to add drivers/of/testcase-data to the list
of paths to convert, probably extracting it to /testcase-data in the dt
repo and teach the build system about the new path in the obvious way.

Does that make sense?

Ian.

* Re: Movement of testcases.dtsi
       [not found] ` <1393237542.16570.26.camel-ommiHX4a84BXesXXhkcM7miJhflN2719@public.gmane.org>
@ 2014-02-24 19:48   ` Grant Likely
       [not found]     ` <20140224194821.3D196C409F3-WNowdnHR2B42iJbIjFUEsiwD8/FfD2ys@public.gmane.org>
From: Grant Likely @ 2014-02-24 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Campbell, devicetree-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

On Mon, 24 Feb 2014 10:25:42 +0000, Ian Campbell <ijc-KcIKpvwj1kUDXYZnReoRVg@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> My device-tree-rebasing.git repo no longer builds, it fails with:
> src/arm/versatile-pb.dts:50:26: fatal error: testcases.dtsi: No such file or directory
>
> I suspect this is due to b5190516b282 "of: Move testcase FDT data into
> drivers/of". I think I need to add drivers/of/testcase-data to the list
> of paths to convert, probably extracting it to /testcase-data in the dt
> repo and teach the build system about the new path in the obvious way.
>
> Does that make sense?

Yup, that's the right thing to do... although I would like it to be a
short term solution. Ultimately I want the testcase data to be loaded at
runtime by the selftest module.

g.

@ 2014-02-24 20:05       ` Ian Campbell
From: Ian Campbell @ 2014-02-24 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grant Likely; +Cc: devicetree-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

On Mon, 2014-02-24 at 19:48 +0000, Grant Likely wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Feb 2014 10:25:42 +0000, Ian Campbell <ijc-KcIKpvwj1kUDXYZnReoRVg@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > My device-tree-rebasing.git repo no longer builds, it fails with:
> > src/arm/versatile-pb.dts:50:26: fatal error: testcases.dtsi: No such file or directory
> >
> > I suspect this is due to b5190516b282 "of: Move testcase FDT data into
> > drivers/of". I think I need to add drivers/of/testcase-data to the list
> > of paths to convert, probably extracting it to /testcase-data in the dt
> > repo and teach the build system about the new path in the obvious way.
> >
> > Does that make sense?
>
> Yup, that's the right thing to do...

Thanks, I'll look into it.

> although I would like it to be a
> short term solution. Ultimately I want the testcase data to be loaded at
> runtime by the selftest module.

I suppose at this point linux.git will have a git rm done and my
conversion script will just import that as expected?

       [not found]     ` <1393272348.9640.4.camel-ztPmHsLffjjnO4AKDKe2m+kiAK3p4hvP@public.gmane.org>
@ 2014-02-25 12:09       ` Grant Likely
From: Grant Likely @ 2014-02-25 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Campbell; +Cc: devicetree-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

On Mon, 24 Feb 2014 20:05:48 +0000, Ian Campbell <ijc-KcIKpvwj1kUDXYZnReoRVg@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-02-24 at 19:48 +0000, Grant Likely wrote:
> > On Mon, 24 Feb 2014 10:25:42 +0000, Ian Campbell <ijc-KcIKpvwj1kUDXYZnReoRVg@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > > My device-tree-rebasing.git repo no longer builds, it fails with:
> > > src/arm/versatile-pb.dts:50:26: fatal error: testcases.dtsi: No such file or directory
> > >
> > > I suspect this is due to b5190516b282 "of: Move testcase FDT data into
> > > drivers/of". I think I need to add drivers/of/testcase-data to the list
> > > of paths to convert, probably extracting it to /testcase-data in the dt
> > > repo and teach the build system about the new path in the obvious way.
> > >
> > > Does that make sense?
> >
> > Yup, that's the right thing to do...
>
> Thanks, I'll look into it.
>
> > although I would like it to be a
> > short term solution. Ultimately I want the testcase data to be loaded at
> > runtime by the selftest module.
>
> I suppose at this point linux.git will have a git rm done and my
> conversion script will just import that as expected?

Yes. When versatile-pb.dts stops including the testcases it will become
a non-issue.

g.