* [LTP] update ffsb autotools files for aarch64
@ 2014-03-18 19:31 Jeffrey Bastian
From: Jeffrey Bastian @ 2014-03-18 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp-list

The autotools files for ffsb -- utils/ffsb-6.0-rc2/config.guess and
utils/ffsb-6.0-rc2/config.sub -- do not understand aarch64 and it fails
to build:

make[1]: Entering directory `.../ltp-full-20140115/utils'
cd ffsb-6.0-rc2; ./configure
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /usr/bin/mkdir -p
checking for gawk... gawk
checking build system type... ./config.guess: unable to guess system type

This script, last modified 2009-08-19, has failed to recognize
the operating system you are using. It is advised that you
download the most up to date version of the config scripts from

  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=config.git;a=blob_plain;f=config.guess;hb=HEAD
and
  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=config.git;a=blob_plain;f=config.sub;hb=HEAD

Updating to the latest config.{guess,sub} files from gnu.org does
indeed fix the problem.

I could attach a patch, but it's nearly 50 KiB and really not very
interesting.  Could someone with commit rights update the autotools
files?

Thanks!
Jeff Bastian

* Re: [LTP] update ffsb autotools files for aarch64
@ 2014-03-19  2:49 ` Mike Frysinger
From: Mike Frysinger @ 2014-03-19  2:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp-list

On Tue 18 Mar 2014 14:31:56 Jeffrey Bastian wrote:
> The autotools files for ffsb -- utils/ffsb-6.0-rc2/config.guess and
> utils/ffsb-6.0-rc2/config.sub -- do not understand aarch64 and it fails
> to build:

we probably should have our build auto-copy the top level config.{sub,guess}
files into subdirs when we unpack them sine we know those will be up to date.
-mike

[-- Attachment #1.2: This is a digitally signed message part. --]

http://p.sf.net/sfu/13534_NeoTech

* Re: [LTP] update ffsb autotools files for aarch64
@ 2014-03-19 13:33   ` chrubis
       [not found]     ` <3575863.exebcUpTX3@vapier>
From: chrubis @ 2014-03-19 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Frysinger; +Cc: ltp-list

Hi!
> > The autotools files for ffsb -- utils/ffsb-6.0-rc2/config.guess and
> > utils/ffsb-6.0-rc2/config.sub -- do not understand aarch64 and it fails
> > to build:
>
> we probably should have our build auto-copy the top level config.{sub,guess}
> files into subdirs when we unpack them sine we know those will be up to date.

Hmm, can't we just symlink them?

--
Cyril Hrubis
chrubis@suse.cz