* Re: "No space left on device" during retroactive compression with btrfs filesystem defragment
@ 2014-04-07 17:17 George Eleftheriou
From: George Eleftheriou @ 2014-04-07 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Thank you too for the enlightenment. Not just now but so many times in
the past (just the compilation of your list interventions is a wiki in
its own right).

Me too, I've been meaning to create a wiki account for quite some time
(but I was partly intimidated by the formality of the request :-)
)... Finally, with your encouragement, I did create one as soon as I
got back from work and rushed to my first edit/correction. Only to
discover that someone else got there first!

Speed of light. This is what will always leave me with my mouth open
in vibrant FOSS communities...

* Re: updating the wiki
@ 2014-04-12 12:55 ` Marc MERLIN
From: Marc MERLIN @ 2014-04-12 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: George Eleftheriou; +Cc: linux-btrfs

On Mon, Apr 07, 2014 at 07:17:31PM +0200, George Eleftheriou wrote:
> Thank you too for the enlightenment. Not just now but so many times in
> the past (just the compilation of your list interventions is a wiki in
> its own right).
>
> Me too, I've been meaning to create a wiki account for quite some time
> (but I was partly intimidated by the formality of the request :-)
> )... Finally, with your encouragement, I did create one as soon as I
> got back from work and rushed to my first edit/correction. Only to
> discover that someone else got there first!
>
> Speed of light. This is what will always leave me with my mouth open
> in vibrant FOSS communities...

First, I'll renew the thanks to Duncan for the time he spends giving
accurate and detailled answers to folks here.

Then thanks to you for helping to update the wiki. I started a while ago
myself after asking whether it was safe to run btrfs on top of dmcrypt and
it had become so while the wiki still said (then) not to do it.

Since then, I've written some tips and tricks:
http://marc.merlins.org/perso/btrfs/
and been feeding the relevant ones in the wiki where appropriate

But there are lots of pages that can be improved, and more help is welcome.
Feel free to post here to ask us to review a change you made to the wiki if
you're not sure, but this is not required, so feel free to updated pages
anytime.

Thanks much,
Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....