* Place to call pam_loginuid in the pam session stack
@ 2014-04-22 17:30 Laurent Bigonville
From: Laurent Bigonville @ 2014-04-22 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

This is maybe a dumb question, but is there any preferred place in the
pam session stack to call pam_loginuid?

Is it preferable to call it just after "pam_selinux close" or is any
place OK? I guess the sooner the better so the needed information are
present to audit what the other pam modules are doing?

Cheers,

Laurent Bigonville

* Re: Place to call pam_loginuid in the pam session stack
@ 2014-04-22 18:59 ` Steve Grubb
From: Steve Grubb @ 2014-04-22 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-audit

On Tuesday, April 22, 2014 07:30:44 PM Laurent Bigonville wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is maybe a dumb question, but is there any preferred place in the
> pam session stack to call pam_loginuid?
>
> Is it preferable to call it just after "pam_selinux close" or is any
> place OK? I guess the sooner the better so the needed information are
> present to audit what the other pam modules are doing?

I think that as long as its set before a user can cause any action to occur on
their behalf is all that is required. If there is a pam module that looks in a
user's home directory for settings and then does something based on that, then
you'd need to set it before that module.

-Steve

* Re: Place to call pam_loginuid in the pam session stack
@ 2014-04-22 20:10   ` Daniel J Walsh
From: Daniel J Walsh @ 2014-04-22 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Grubb, linux-audit

On 04/22/2014 02:59 PM, Steve Grubb wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 22, 2014 07:30:44 PM Laurent Bigonville wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> This is maybe a dumb question, but is there any preferred place in the
>> pam session stack to call pam_loginuid?
>>
>> Is it preferable to call it just after "pam_selinux close" or is any
>> place OK? I guess the sooner the better so the needed information are
>> present to audit what the other pam modules are doing?
> I think that as long as its set before a user can cause any action to occur on
> their behalf is all that is required. If there is a pam module that looks in a
> user's home directory for settings and then does something based on that, then
> you'd need to set it before that module.
>
> -Steve

Well that is the goal of pam_selinux open also.  So it should either be
right before or right after.