* SCHED_DEADLINE hands-on workshop
@ 2014-05-28 16:20 Juri Lelli
From: Juri Lelli @ 2014-05-28 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-rt-users

[Our sincere apologies if you receive multiple copies of this announce]

Dear RT users,

Since March 30th, 2014, the mainline Linux kernel (from version 3.14)
includes the new scheduling class SCHED_DEADLINE, implementing Earliest
Deadline First (EDF).

http://www.juniper-project.org/forum/topics/sched-deadline-in-mainline

Such a scheduling class has been developed within the ReTiS Lab of the
Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna in Pisa and its spin-off company Evidence
Srl.

http://retis.sssup.it/
http://www.evidence.eu.com/

To promote the use and the development of such a new scheduling class,
the ReTiS Lab is organizing a two-days hands-on workshop open to
anybody who is interested in this topic. With the support of the kernel
developers, the tentative program is as follows:

Day 1
  09:00 -- 10:00  Real-time scheduling: basics
  10:00 -- 12:00  SCHED_DEADLINE: presentation, how to use it
  12:00 -- 13:30  lunch break
  13:30 -- 18:00  hands-on session: play with SCHED_DEADLINE and your
                  preferred applications

Day 2
  09:00 -- 10:30  SCHED_DEADLINE: internals
  10:30 -- 12:00  Open problems in Linux kernel scheduling
  12:00 -- 13:30  lunch break
  13:00 -- 18:00  hands-on session: modify, compile, and debug your own
                  kernel

The participation is free of charge. Such an event will take place
shortly, in the end of June.

To select the best dates, which can maximise the participation, the
interested participants are invited to notify their interest to Enrico
Bini (e.bini@sssup.it), not later than May 31st, 2014. Then a doodle
will be launched to find the best suitable dates.

Kind regards,

Juri Lelli

* Re: SCHED_DEADLINE hands-on workshop
@ 2014-05-28 21:50 ` Pavel Vasilyev
From: Pavel Vasilyev @ 2014-05-28 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juri Lelli, linux-rt-users

28.05.2014 20:20, Juri Lelli пишет:
> organizing a two-days hands-on workshop open to anybody

after the workshop here publish materials :)

--

                                                          Pavel.

* Re: SCHED_DEADLINE hands-on workshop
@ 2014-05-29  8:37   ` Juri Lelli
From: Juri Lelli @ 2014-05-29  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pavel; +Cc: linux-rt-users

On Thu, 29 May 2014 01:50:37 +0400
Pavel Vasilyev <pavel@pavlinux.ru> wrote:

> 28.05.2014 20:20, Juri Lelli пишет:
> > organizing a two-days hands-on workshop open to anybody
> >

> after the workshop here publish materials :)

Sure. We are actually setting up a site where to put such things in the
future.

Thanks,

- Juri

* Re: SCHED_DEADLINE hands-on workshop
@ 2015-04-16  7:31     ` Sebastian Andrzej Siewior
From: Sebastian Andrzej Siewior @ 2015-04-16  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juri Lelli; +Cc: pavel, linux-rt-users

* Juri Lelli | 2014-05-29 10:37:27 [+0200]:

>Sure. We are actually setting up a site where to put such things in the
>future.

Sorry if I missed it but was there an email with material regarding the
hands-on workshop?

>Thanks,
>
>- Juri

Sebastian