* SPP profile in Bluez
@ 2014-06-09  9:18 Vinod Rayapudi
From: Vinod Rayapudi @ 2014-06-09  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth, linux-bluetooth-owner, autoanswer

Dear Team,

I want to use SPP in Bluez stack.

Can anyone help me, from which versions of Bluez SPP is available ?

I would like to use SPP Connect, Disconnect, Read and Write functionalities.

Help me in this regard.

Thanks & Regards,
Vinod.

=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

* Re: SPP profile in Bluez
@ 2014-06-09  9:49 ` Johan Hedberg
From: Johan Hedberg @ 2014-06-09  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vinod Rayapudi; +Cc: linux-bluetooth, linux-bluetooth-owner, autoanswer

Hi Vinod,

On Mon, Jun 09, 2014, Vinod Rayapudi wrote:
> I want to use SPP in Bluez stack.
>
> Can anyone help me, from which versions of Bluez SPP is available ?

SPP has always been available with BlueZ. The only thing that has kept
changing a bit is the preferred way to implement it. The RFCOMM socket
interface would be an option that's available regardless of BlueZ
version, however it may not be the most convenient one if you can
restrict yourself to newer BlueZ versions.

> I would like to use SPP Connect, Disconnect, Read and Write functionalities.

With BlueZ 5 the simplest way is probably to use the Profile interface
(see doc/profile-api.txt and test/test-profile). If you implement that
interface you will get the new SPP connection (RFCOMM socket) handed
over to you over D-Bus once successfully connected. Connecting as client
would happen by issuing a ConnectProfile("spp") D-Bus method call.

Johan

* Re: SPP profile in Bluez
@ 2014-06-09 12:55 ` Vinod Rayapudi
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Vinod Rayapudi @ 2014-06-09 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johan Hedberg; +Cc: linux-bluetooth, linux-bluetooth-owner, autoanswer

Hi Johan,
Thanks for your reply and suggestion too.

I want to know, Is the same available with Bluez 4.101 version.
I have been working with Bluez 4.x series.
Can I work with SPP on Bluez 4.101 ?

Can you share some inputs, If possible.

@ 2014-06-09 13:56   ` Johan Hedberg
From: Johan Hedberg @ 2014-06-09 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vinod Rayapudi; +Cc: linux-bluetooth, linux-bluetooth-owner, autoanswer

Hi Vinod,

On Mon, Jun 09, 2014, Vinod Rayapudi wrote:
> Thanks for your reply and suggestion too.

No problem, but please make this the last top-posting email you send to
the list and do in-line quoting in the future.

> I want to know, Is the same available with Bluez 4.101 version.
> I have been working with Bluez 4.x series.

The Profile interface I mentioned doesn't exist for BlueZ 4 but if I
remember right we did have some other D-Bus interface there. I think it
was called org.bluez.Serial, but you'll need to find out the rest by
yourself.

> Can I work with SPP on Bluez 4.101 ?

As I already said, SPP has always been available with BlueZ.

Johan

* SPP profile in Bluez
@ 2014-06-12 12:06   ` Vinod Rayapudi
From: Vinod Rayapudi @ 2014-06-12 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: linux-bluetooth, linux-bluetooth-owner, autoanswer

Dear Team,

I have been using Bluez with SPP profile.

Whenever, I initiate SPP connection by using d-feet, I can see an error as 'org.bluez.Error:DoesNotExist:DoesNotExist'.

I have used below mentioned UUID as an argument for connect in d-feet.
00001101-0000-1000-8000-00805F9B34FB

I am not able to see any logs in hcidump. This make sure that Bluez has not received SPP connection request.

Can anyone help me, do i need to change any configuration files, parameters etc to work with SPP.

Please share your inputs regarding this Issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Vinod.
=====-----=====-----=====

@ 2014-06-12 13:36   ` Vinod Rayapudi
From: Vinod Rayapudi @ 2014-06-12 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johan Hedberg; +Cc: linux-bluetooth, linux-bluetooth-owner, autoanswer

Hi Johan,

On Mon, Jun 09, 2014, Vinod Rayapudi wrote:
> Thanks for your reply and suggestion too.

> No problem, but please make this the last top-posting email you send to
> the list and do in-line quoting in the future.
Thanks for the input. I will continue in the same way.

> I want to know, Is the same available with Bluez 4.101 version.
> I have been working with Bluez 4.x series.

> The Profile interface I mentioned doesn't exist for BlueZ 4 but if I
> remember right we did have some other D-Bus interface there. I think it
> was called org.bluez.Serial, but you'll need to find out the rest by
> yourself.

If I initiate SPP connection from d-feet with UUID, I can get an error saying that
org.bluez.Error:Does Not Exist: Does Not Exist.
Can you help me, how to proceed further.
Do I need to change any settings (configuration files or any other).

> Can I work with SPP on Bluez 4.101 ?

> As I already said, SPP has always been available with BlueZ.

I have some problem with SPP to Initiate connection.
Please help me.

Is there any way, that I can debug BLUEZ ?

Regards,
Vinod.
and any attachments. Thank you