* [U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2014.07-rc3 released
@ 2014-06-10 16:14 Tom Rini
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Tom Rini @ 2014-06-10 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hey all,

I've pushed v2014.07-rc3 out to the repository and tarballs should exist
soon.

We're getting better on the syncing up of things out of patchwork and I
know there's still a few items to go (and some bigger ideas I need to
come back to commenting on).

As always, if anything is broken please speak up.

Thanks all!

--
Tom
* [U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2014.07-rc3 released
@ 2014-06-10 17:01 ` Stefan Roese
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Stefan Roese @ 2014-06-10 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Tom!

On 10.06.2014 18:14, Tom Rini wrote:
> I've pushed v2014.07-rc3 out to the repository and tarballs should exist
> soon.
>
> We're getting better on the syncing up of things out of patchwork and I
> know there's still a few items to go (and some bigger ideas I need to
> come back to commenting on).
>
> As always, if anything is broken please speak up.

What comes to my mind is the run_command() return code patch series from
Thomas Betker:

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/356568/
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/356569/
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/356570/

This series fixes a regression. So its definitely a candidate for this
upcoming release (perhaps already on your to-do list).

Thanks,
Stefan

* [U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2014.07-rc3 released
@ 2014-06-10 17:05 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2014-06-10 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear Tom,

In message <20140610161453.GB7841@bill-the-cat> you wrote:

> I've pushed v2014.07-rc3 out to the repository and tarballs should exist
> soon.

The tarball is available on the FTP server.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Successful and fortunate crime is called virtue.             - Seneca

* [U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2014.07-rc3 released
@ 2014-06-10 17:09   ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2014-06-10 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 07:01:51PM +0200, Stefan Roese wrote:
> Hi Tom!
>
> On 10.06.2014 18:14, Tom Rini wrote:
> >I've pushed v2014.07-rc3 out to the repository and tarballs should exist
> >soon.
> >
> >We're getting better on the syncing up of things out of patchwork and I
> >know there's still a few items to go (and some bigger ideas I need to
> >come back to commenting on).
> >
> >As always, if anything is broken please speak up.
>
> What comes to my mind is the run_command() return code patch series
> from Thomas Betker:
>
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/356568/
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/356569/
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/356570/
>
> This series fixes a regression. So its definitely a candidate for
> this upcoming release (perhaps already on your to-do list).

Yes, I almost grabbed this last week but it had just been posted the day
before or so.  I shall pick it up, thanks for the reminder.

--
Tom
* [U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2014.07-rc3 released
@ 2014-06-12  7:28 ` Lukasz Majewski
From: Lukasz Majewski @ 2014-06-12  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Tom,

> Hey all,
>
> I've pushed v2014.07-rc3 out to the repository and tarballs should
> exist soon.
>
> We're getting better on the syncing up of things out of patchwork and
> I know there's still a few items to go (and some bigger ideas I need
> to come back to commenting on).
>
> As always, if anything is broken please speak up.

There is a problem with Trats2 board when we have switched to the
generic board.

Przemek has already prepared fix for this:
"[U-Boot] trats/trats2: exynos_power_init: return 0 if no battery
detected."
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/357957/

Tom, could you apply it to ML?

--
Best regards,

Lukasz Majewski

Samsung R&D Institute Poland (SRPOL) | Linux Platform Group

* [U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2014.07-rc3 released
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2014-06-12  8:00 ` Masahiro Yamada
From: Masahiro Yamada @ 2014-06-12  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Tom,

On Tue, 10 Jun 2014 12:14:53 -0400
Tom Rini <trini@ti.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I've pushed v2014.07-rc3 out to the repository and tarballs should exist
> soon.
>
> We're getting better on the syncing up of things out of patchwork and I
> know there's still a few items to go (and some bigger ideas I need to
> come back to commenting on).

Some custodians seems really silent, I think, almost inactive.

As far as I searched in my mail box,
 Jerry Van Baren:   Last post to ML was  August 2013
 Jason Jin:             Last post to ML was  November 2013

For instance,
commit c48e6868:  fdt_support: Add helper function to read "ranges" property
commit 94fb182c: fdt_support: split fdt_getprop_u32_default

were deligated to different custodian and applied soon.

But my fdt_support improvement/bug-fix series was assigned to Van Baren.

I issued ping again and again:
https://www.mail-archive.com/u-boot at lists.denx.de/msg137683.html
https://www.mail-archive.com/u-boot at lists.denx.de/msg136728.html
https://www.mail-archive.com/u-boot at lists.denx.de/msg136134.html

But  he never responds, which makes me really harder..

It was already reviewed and Acked by Simon,
please apply it directly to u-boot/master.

Tom, pick up this trivial one too:
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/339147/

Actually I'm not interested in this board,
but interested in keeping buildman log cleaner.

Best Regards
Masahiro Yamada

* [U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2014.07-rc3 released
@ 2014-06-12 14:10   ` Simon Glass
From: Simon Glass @ 2014-06-12 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

+Masahiro

Hi,

On 10 June 2014 13:01, Stefan Roese <sr@denx.de> wrote:
> Hi Tom!
>

> On 10.06.2014 18:14, Tom Rini wrote:
>>
>> I've pushed v2014.07-rc3 out to the repository and tarballs should exist
>> soon.
>>
>> We're getting better on the syncing up of things out of patchwork and I
>> know there's still a few items to go (and some bigger ideas I need to
>> come back to commenting on).
>>
>> As always, if anything is broken please speak up.
>

> What comes to my mind is the run_command() return code patch series from
> Thomas Betker:
>
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/356568/
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/356569/
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/356570/
>
> This series fixes a regression. So its definitely a candidate for this
> upcoming release (perhaps already on your to-do list).

Re this one, I have written a simple test for it and fixed a few other
problems. Once I understand how to re-enable tracing I will resend
that series.

Regards,
Simon

* [U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2014.07-rc3 released
@ 2014-06-18 20:08   ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2014-06-18 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 09:28:20AM +0200, Lukasz Majewski wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> > Hey all,
> >
> > I've pushed v2014.07-rc3 out to the repository and tarballs should
> > exist soon.
> >
> > We're getting better on the syncing up of things out of patchwork and
> > I know there's still a few items to go (and some bigger ideas I need
> > to come back to commenting on).
> >
> > As always, if anything is broken please speak up.
>
> There is a problem with Trats2 board when we have switched to the
> generic board.
>
> Przemek has already prepared fix for this:
> "[U-Boot] trats/trats2: exynos_power_init: return 0 if no battery
> detected."
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/357957/
>
> Tom, could you apply it to ML?

I expect this to come via u-boot-samsung -> u-boot-arm right now.

--
Tom
* [U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2014.07-rc3 released
@ 2014-06-19  0:42     ` Minkyu Kang
From: Minkyu Kang @ 2014-06-19  0:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 19/06/14 05:08, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 09:28:20AM +0200, Lukasz Majewski wrote:
>> Hi Tom,
>>
>>> Hey all,
>>>
>>> I've pushed v2014.07-rc3 out to the repository and tarballs should
>>> exist soon.
>>>
>>> We're getting better on the syncing up of things out of patchwork and
>>> I know there's still a few items to go (and some bigger ideas I need
>>> to come back to commenting on).
>>>
>>> As always, if anything is broken please speak up.
>>
>> There is a problem with Trats2 board when we have switched to the
>> generic board.
>>
>> Przemek has already prepared fix for this:
>> "[U-Boot] trats/trats2: exynos_power_init: return 0 if no battery
>> detected."
>> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/357957/
>>
>> Tom, could you apply it to ML?
>
> I expect this to come via u-boot-samsung -> u-boot-arm right now.

I picked up this patch.

Thanks,
Minkyu Kang.