* State of bitbake world, test-dependencies 2014-06-12
@ 2014-06-12 17:41 Martin Jansa
From: Martin Jansa @ 2014-06-12 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-core, openembedded-devel

This time it was "incremental" and it's not really complete because
there is still a lot of failing recipes in "world" (see my other "State"
e-mails).

Complete logs:
http://logs.nslu2-linux.org/buildlogs/oe/world/log.dependencies.20140611_213746.log/

failed recipes:
abiword:ERROR: Task 333 (meta-openembedded/meta-gnome/recipes-gnome/libgsf/libgsf_1.14.26.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
claws-mail:ERROR: Task 6 (meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-sato/claws-mail/claws-mail_3.9.0.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
claws-plugin-gtkhtml2-viewer:ERROR: Task 206 (meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-sato/claws-mail/claws-mail_3.9.0.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
claws-plugin-mailmbox:ERROR: Task 183 (meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-sato/claws-mail/claws-mail_3.9.0.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
claws-plugin-rssyl:ERROR: Task 206 (meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-sato/claws-mail/claws-mail_3.9.0.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
cups:ERROR: Task 6 (openembedded-core/meta/recipes-extended/cups/cups_1.7.3.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
ghostscript:ERROR: Task 222 (openembedded-core/meta/recipes-extended/cups/cups_1.7.3.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
gnumeric:ERROR: Task 206 (meta-openembedded/meta-gnome/recipes-gnome/libgsf/libgsf_1.14.26.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
goffice:ERROR: Task 255 (meta-openembedded/meta-gnome/recipes-gnome/libgsf/libgsf_1.14.26.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
libgsf:ERROR: Task 6 (meta-openembedded/meta-gnome/recipes-gnome/libgsf/libgsf_1.14.26.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
libhybris:ERROR: Task 6 (meta-smartphone/meta-android/recipes-core/libhybris/libhybris_git.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
liboauth:ERROR: Task 6 (meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-support/liboauth/liboauth_1.0.3.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
mesa:ERROR: Task 5 (openembedded-core/meta/recipes-graphics/mesa/mesa_10.1.3.bb, do_configure) failed with exit code '1'
mesa-demos:ERROR: Task 182 (openembedded-core/meta/recipes-graphics/mesa/mesa_10.1.3.bb, do_configure) failed with exit code '1'
mesa-glut:ERROR: Task 221 (openembedded-core/meta/recipes-graphics/mesa/mesa_10.1.3.bb, do_configure) failed with exit code '1'
packagegroup-shr-feed:ERROR: Task 7931 (meta-smartphone/meta-shr/recipes-shr/shr/python-phoneutils_git.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
packagegroup-shr-feed:ERROR: Task 7905 (meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-devtools/python/python-pyyaml_3.10.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
pidgin:ERROR: Task 5 (meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-support/pidgin/pidgin_2.7.9.bb, do_configure) failed with exit code '1'
rtorrent:ERROR: Task 5 (meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-connectivity/rtorrent/rtorrent_0.9.3.bb, do_configure) failed with exit code '1'
wv:ERROR: Task 183 (meta-openembedded/meta-gnome/recipes-gnome/libgsf/libgsf_1.14.26.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
xwd:ERROR: Task 5 (meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-graphics/xorg-app/xwd_1.0.6.bb, do_configure) failed with exit code '1'

Found differences:
ccid/ccid/latest lost dependency on  flex
consolekit/consolekit/latest lost dependency on  polkit
directfb/directfb/latest lost dependency on  libdrm libdrm-kms liblzma libwebp tiff
engrave/engrave/latest lost dependency on  flex
epiphany/epiphany/latest lost dependency on  libavahi-client libavahi-common libavahi-gobject libnotify
expedite/expedite/latest lost dependency on  libsdl
flashrom/flashrom/latest lost dependency on  libftdi
gammu/gammu/latest lost dependency on  glib-2.0 libgudev-1.0
gammu/libgammu/latest lost dependency on  glib-2.0
gd/gd/latest lost dependency on  liblzma tiff
glade3/glade3/latest lost dependency on  dbus-glib dbus-lib gconf gnome-vfs libart-lgpl libavahi-client libavahi-common libavahi-glib libbonobo libbonoboui libcanberra libcap libgcrypt libgnome libgnome-keyring libgnomecanvas libgnomeui libgpg-error libice libltdl libogg libsm libvorbis libxcomposite libxcursor libxdamage libxfixes libxrandr orbit2 popt util-linux-libuuid
gmtk/gmtk/latest lost dependency on  cairo-gobject dbus-lib gtk+3 json-c libcap libice libpulse libpulse-mainloop-glib libpulsecommon libsm libsndfile1 libx11-xcb libxi libxtst util-linux-libuuid
gnokii/libgnokii/latest lost dependency on  bluez4 libical libusb-compat libusb1 pcsc-lite-lib
gnome-disk-utility/gnome-disk-utility-libs/latest lost dependency on  libcap libgcrypt libgnome-keyring libgpg-error
gnome-panel/gnome-panel/latest lost dependency on  dbus-lib
gnutls/gnutls-bin/latest lost dependency on  libidn
guile/guile/latest lost dependency on  libgc ncurses-libncurses readline
libarchive/libarchive/latest lost dependency on  nettle
libarchive/libarchive-bin/latest lost dependency on  libxml2 nettle
libmicrohttpd/libmicrohttpd-bin/latest lost dependency on  file
libssh/libssh/latest lost dependency on  krb5
libungif/libungif/latest lost dependency on  libice libsm libx11 libxau libxcb libxdmcp util-linux-libuuid
libungif/libungif-utils/latest lost dependency on  libx11
ltrace/ltrace/latest lost dependency on  libunwind
midori/midori/latest lost dependency on  libxscrnsaver
mpd/mpd/latest lost dependency on  fluidsynth libao libcdio libcdio-cdda libcdio-paranoia libjack libmms libmodplug libopus libwrap mpg123 wavpack yajl
mpeg2dec/mpeg2dec/latest lost dependency on  libx11 libxext libxv
mpg123/mpg123/latest lost dependency on  audiofile esound libjack libsdl portaudio-v19 tslib
opencv/libopencv-highgui/latest lost dependency on  jasper libdc1394
oscam/oscam/latest lost dependency on  pcsc-lite-lib
piglit/piglit/latest lost dependency on  libxrender
protobuf/protobuf/latest lost dependency on  zlib
python/python-tkinter/latest lost dependency on  eglibc libpython2 libx11 tcl-lib
python3/python3-tkinter/latest lost dependency on  eglibc libpython3 tcl-lib
samba/libnetapi/latest lost dependency on  talloc
samba/libnss-winbind/latest lost dependency on  talloc
samba/libsmbclient/latest lost dependency on  talloc
samba/samba/latest lost dependency on  talloc
samba/swat/latest lost dependency on  talloc
samba/winbind/latest lost dependency on  talloc
stunnel/stunnel/latest lost dependency on  libwrap zlib
synergy/synergy/latest lost dependency on  libxinerama
tracker/tracker/latest lost dependency on  dbus-glib enca gmp gnutls gtk+3 libgee libgudev-1.0 libnmglib libnmutil libudev libunistring nettle upower
tracker/tracker-dev/latest lost dependency on  cairo enca expat fontconfig freetype giflib gstreamer lcms libgstpbutils-0.10 libgsttag-0.10 liblzma libpoppler libpoppler-glib libunistring libx11 libxau libxcb libxcb-render libxcb-shm libxdmcp libxext libxrender pixman taglib taglib-c tiff
tracker/tracker-nautilus-extension/latest lost dependency on  atk cairo eglibc expat fontconfig freetype gdk-pixbuf glib-2.0 gtk+ harfbuzz libffi libpng libsqlite3 libunistring libx11 libxau libxcb libxcb-render libxcb-shm libxdmcp libxext libxrender pango pixman tracker util-linux-libuuid zlib
tumbler/tumbler/latest lost dependency on  gstreamer1.0 libgsttag-1.0
vagalume/vagalume/latest lost dependency on  libproxy
weston/weston/latest lost dependency on  libwebp
weston/weston-examples/latest lost dependency on  libwebp
wvstreams/wvstreams/latest lost dependency on  dbus-lib libwvstreams-base readline
xserver-xorg/xserver-xorg/latest lost dependency on  libunwind libxshmfence nettle
xserver-xorg/xserver-xorg-xvfb/latest lost dependency on  libunwind nettle
perf/perf/latest lost dependency on  libunwind

--
Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa@gmail.com

* Re: State of bitbake world, test-dependencies 2014-06-12
@ 2014-06-12 18:21 ` Martin Jansa
From: Martin Jansa @ 2014-06-12 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-core, openembedded-devel

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 07:41:47PM +0200, Martin Jansa wrote:
> This time it was "incremental" and it's not really complete because
> there is still a lot of failing recipes in "world" (see my other "State"
> e-mails).
>
> Complete logs:
> http://logs.nslu2-linux.org/buildlogs/oe/world/log.dependencies.20140611_213746.log/

Philip asked me to write blog post about interpreting this report, here
is short version.

1) failed recipes, e.g.
> abiword:ERROR: Task 333 (meta-openembedded/meta-gnome/recipes-gnome/libgsf/libgsf_1.14.26.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'

Means that abiword cannot be built in "minimal" build (starting with
empty sysroot), usually it's caused by missing dependency, but in cases
like this it's actually abiword's dependency libgsf which fails to build
and prevents to test abiword dependencies.

2) Found differences, e.g.
> xserver-xorg/xserver-xorg/latest lost dependency on  libunwind libxshmfence nettle
> xserver-xorg/xserver-xorg-xvfb/latest lost dependency on  libunwind nettle

it's in format
<recipe-name>/<package-name>/latest lost dependency on <list-of-autodetected-dependencies>

Basically it means that when test-dependencies.sh was building it in
"maximal" build (world already built in sysroot) xserver-xorg had
runtime dependency on libunwind, libxshmfence, nettle and these
dependencies didn't exist in "minimal" build - so it's not deterministic.

3) Found errors, e.g.
> ERROR: test-dependencies/1402573458/3_min/packages/*/gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad/gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad-neonhttpsrc/latest doesn't exist

Recipes which are using do_split_packages to split some parts to
separate packages sometimes create less packages when some dependencies
are missing, in this case if you build gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad with
neon in sysroot it will create gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad-neonhttpsrc
package, otherwise not - so it's not deterministic.

4) Failed world packages, e.g.
This isn't something specifically tested by test-dependencies, but e.g.
when
"openembedded-core/meta/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/gst-ffmpeg_0.10.13.bb, do_configure"
task is failing in "bitbake world" it means that we won't be able to
detect other recipes which are autodetecting gst-ffmpeg presence (just
because "maximal" build cannot include gst-ffmpeg libraries).

--

@ 2014-06-12 21:10   ` akuster
From: akuster @ 2014-06-12 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Jansa; +Cc: openembedded-devel, openembedded-core

On Thu, 2014-06-12 at 19:41 +0200, Martin Jansa wrote:
> This time it was "incremental" and it's not really complete because
> there is still a lot of failing recipes in "world" (see my other "State"
> e-mails).
>
> Complete logs:
> http://logs.nslu2-linux.org/buildlogs/oe/world/log.dependencies.20140611_213746.log/
>
> failed recipes:
> abiword:ERROR: Task 333 (meta-openembedded/meta-gnome/recipes-gnome/libgsf/libgsf_1.14.26.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
> claws-mail:ERROR: Task 6 (meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-sato/claws-mail/claws-mail_3.9.0.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
> claws-plugin-gtkhtml2-viewer:ERROR: Task 206 (meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-sato/claws-mail/claws-mail_3.9.0.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
> claws-plugin-mailmbox:ERROR: Task 183 (meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-sato/claws-mail/claws-mail_3.9.0.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
> claws-plugin-rssyl:ERROR: Task 206 (meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-sato/claws-mail/claws-mail_3.9.0.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
> cups:ERROR: Task 6 (openembedded-core/meta/recipes-extended/cups/cups_1.7.3.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'

I believe I submitted a fix for cups, not sure where in process it is.
http://patches.openembedded.org/patch/73565/

> [...]
> tracker/tracker-nautilus-extension/latest lost dependency on  atk cairo eglibc expat fontconfig freetype gdk-pixbuf glib-2.0 gtk+ harfbuzz libffi libpng libsqlite3 libunistring libx11 libxau libxcb libxcb-render libxcb-shm libxdmcp libxext libxrender pango pixman tracker util-linux-libuuid zlib
> tumbler/tumbler/latest lost dependency on  gstreamer1.0 libgsttag-1.0
> vagalume/vagalume/latest lost dependency on  libproxy
> weston/weston/latest lost dependency on  libwebp
> weston/weston-examples/latest lost dependency on  libwebp
> wvstreams/wvstreams/latest lost dependency on  dbus-lib libwvstreams-base readline
> xserver-xorg/xserver-xorg/latest lost dependency on  libunwind libxshmfence nettle
> xserver-xorg/xserver-xorg-xvfb/latest lost dependency on  libunwind nettle
> perf/perf/latest lost dependency on  libunwind

* Re: [OE-core] State of bitbake world, test-dependencies 2014-06-12
@ 2014-06-12 21:10   ` akuster
From: akuster @ 2014-06-12 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Jansa; +Cc: openembedded-devel, openembedded-core