* SELinux context not working
@ 2014-06-19 10:32 Brian Chadwick
From: Brian Chadwick @ 2014-06-19 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-f2fs-devel

Hi

I cant get file contexts to work with F2FS. I have tried a variety of
kernels up to the latest 3.16rc1 with the Security Labels option
selected in the config. I am using the latest git of f2fs-tools.

But when I try to set a security context I get the following:

chcon: failed to change context of ‘/mnt/f2fs/sig’ to
‘system_u:--reference=/home/brian/sig:unlabeled_t:s0’: Operation not
supported

cp -a also seems unable to set the correct context.

Is there a bug or am I missing something?

mount details are:

/dev/sda6 on /mnt/f2fs type f2fs
(rw,relatime,background_gc=on,user_xattr,acl,active_logs=6)

Kind regards

Brian Chadwick

http://p.sf.net/sfu/hpccsystems

* Re: SELinux context not working
@ 2014-06-19 11:27 ` Jaegeuk Kim
       [not found]   ` <53A2D41E.1080807@westnet.com.au>
From: Jaegeuk Kim @ 2014-06-19 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian Chadwick; +Cc: linux-f2fs-devel

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 08:32:43PM +1000, Brian Chadwick wrote:
> Hi
>
> I cant get file contexts to work with F2FS. I have tried a variety of
> kernels up to the latest 3.16rc1 with the Security Labels option
> selected in the config. I am using the latest git of f2fs-tools.
>
> But when I try to set a security context I get the following:
>
> chcon: failed to change context of ‘/mnt/f2fs/sig’ to
> ‘system_u:--reference=/home/brian/sig:unlabeled_t:s0’: Operation not
> supported
>
> cp -a also seems unable to set the correct context.
>
> Is there a bug or am I missing something?
>
> mount details are:
>
> /dev/sda6 on /mnt/f2fs type f2fs
> (rw,relatime,background_gc=on,user_xattr,acl,active_logs=6)

IMO, you missed -o seclabel.

Thanks,

> Kind regards
>
> Brian Chadwick

Jaegeuk Kim

@ 2014-06-19 15:33     ` Jaegeuk Kim
       [not found]       ` <53A3879A.8030104@westnet.com.au>
From: Jaegeuk Kim @ 2014-06-19 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian Chadwick; +Cc: linux-f2fs-devel

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 10:14:22PM +1000, Brian Chadwick wrote:
> Hi again
>
> I tried mounting with seclabel specifically stated, i.e.:
>
> mount -t f2fs -o
> rw,relatime,background_gc=on,seclabel,user_xattr,acl,active_logs=6
>
> The drive mounts successfully but seclabel is not listed as a mount
> option when I  use the mount command to list mounted devices and
> once again file contexts don't work.
>
> I am using the latest util-linux .. ie 2.24.2
>
> Any clues?

If so, I suspect your sepolicy.
Could you give me the following results?

# dmesg | grep SELinux

Thanks,

> Thanks
>
> Brian
>
> On 19/06/14 21:27, Jaegeuk Kim wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 08:32:43PM +1000, Brian Chadwick wrote:
> >>Hi
> >>
> >>I cant get file contexts to work with F2FS. I have tried a variety of
> >>kernels up to the latest 3.16rc1 with the Security Labels option
> >>selected in the config. I am using the latest git of f2fs-tools.
> >>
> >>But when I try to set a security context I get the following:
> >>
> >>chcon: failed to change context of ‘/mnt/f2fs/sig’ to
> >>‘system_u:--reference=/home/brian/sig:unlabeled_t:s0’: Operation not
> >>supported
> >>
> >>cp -a also seems unable to set the correct context.
> >>
> >>Is there a bug or am I missing something?
> >>
> >>mount details are:
> >>
> >>/dev/sda6 on /mnt/f2fs type f2fs
> >>(rw,relatime,background_gc=on,user_xattr,acl,active_logs=6)
> >IMO, you missed -o seclabel.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >>Kind regards
> >>
> >>Brian Chadwick

Jaegeuk Kim

* Re: SELinux context not working
@ 2014-06-19 17:54       ` JP Abgrall
       [not found]       ` <53A3879A.8030104@westnet.com.au>
From: JP Abgrall @ 2014-06-19 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jaegeuk Kim; +Cc: linux-f2fs-devel, Brian Chadwick

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 8:33 AM, Jaegeuk Kim <jaegeuk@kernel.org> wrote:
>> Any clues?
>
> If so, I suspect your sepolicy.
> Could you give me the following results?

I was stuck until:
  https://android-review.googlesource.com/#/c/96593/

@ 2014-06-20  5:00         ` Jaegeuk Kim
       [not found]           ` <53A3C385.8070902@westnet.com.au>
From: Jaegeuk Kim @ 2014-06-20  5:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian Chadwick; +Cc: linux-f2fs-devel

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 11:00:10AM +1000, Brian Chadwick wrote:
> On 20/06/14 01:33, Jaegeuk Kim wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 10:14:22PM +1000, Brian Chadwick wrote:
> >>Hi again
> >>
> >>I tried mounting with seclabel specifically stated, i.e.:
> >>
> >>mount -t f2fs -o
> >>rw,relatime,background_gc=on,seclabel,user_xattr,acl,active_logs=6
> >>
> >>The drive mounts successfully but seclabel is not listed as a mount
> >>option when I  use the mount command to list mounted devices and
> >>once again file contexts don't work.
> >>
> >>I am using the latest util-linux .. ie 2.24.2
> >>
> >>Any clues?
> >If so, I suspect your sepolicy.
> >Could you give me the following results?
> >
> ># dmesg | grep SELinux
> >
> >Thanks,
>
> the pertinent result is:
>
> [12192.972271] SELinux: initialized (dev sda6, type f2fs), not
> configured for labeling
>
> What do I need to add to SELinux?

Just for sure, you need to check the JP's reference.

Thanks,

> >>Thanks
> >>
> >>Brian

Jaegeuk Kim

@ 2014-06-20  6:21             ` Jaegeuk Kim
       [not found]               ` <53A42E13.6080309@westnet.com.au>
From: Jaegeuk Kim @ 2014-06-20  6:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian Chadwick; +Cc: linux-f2fs-devel

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 03:15:49PM +1000, Brian Chadwick wrote:
> On 20/06/14 15:00, Jaegeuk Kim wrote:
> >Hi,

> >>the pertinent result is:
> >>
> >>[12192.972271] SELinux: initialized (dev sda6, type f2fs), not
> >>configured for labeling
> >>
> >>What do I need to add to SELinux?
> >Just for sure, you need to check the JP's reference.
> >
> >Thanks,
>
> What is the JP's reference?

As JP replied to you, the link was

  https://android-review.googlesource.com/#/c/96593/

Thanks,

> Thanks

Jaegeuk Kim

@ 2014-06-22 11:20                 ` Jaegeuk Kim
From: Jaegeuk Kim @ 2014-06-22 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian Chadwick; +Cc: linux-f2fs-devel

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 10:50:27PM +1000, Brian Chadwick wrote:
> On 20/06/14 16:21, Jaegeuk Kim wrote:

> >>What is the JP's reference?
> >As JP replied to you, the link was
> >
> >   https://android-review.googlesource.com/#/c/96593/
> that link mentions "ocontext" ... i have no idea what that is .. i
> have googled to no avail

You need to use a mount option for selinx context.
e.g., -o context=system_u:object_r:var_log_t

This is because the default sepolicy doesn't include f2fs as their fscontext.

Ref: http://www.redhat.com/f/pdf/whitepapers/Filesystem_Labeling_SELinux.pdf

Thanks,

> thanks
>

> >Thanks,