* cp hangs with large source tree
@ 2014-06-25  5:37 Brian Chadwick
From: Brian Chadwick @ 2014-06-25  5:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-f2fs-devel

Hi,

Kernel 3.15.0 ... I tried copying a large tree full of many small files
(kernel source) onto a drive formatted with F2FS. The copy seems to
proceed normally, but when all files appear to be copied, cp seems to
hang and does not seem to terminate properly. Its waiting for something
I assume. This also happens with 3.16.0-rc{1,2}. cp responds to Ctrl-C
and terminates, and the files appear to be there on the F2FS partition.

It works as expected with Kernel 3.14.8

Any clues?

Brian

http://p.sf.net/sfu/Bonitasoft

* Re: cp hangs with large source tree
@ 2014-06-25  7:43 ` Jaegeuk Kim
From: Jaegeuk Kim @ 2014-06-25  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian Chadwick; +Cc: linux-f2fs-devel

Hi Brian,

Could you share your partition and DRAM sizes?

In addition, when cp hangs, could you share its process backtrace?
# cat /proc/[pid]/stack

Thanks,

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 03:37:09PM +1000, Brian Chadwick wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Kernel 3.15.0 ... I tried copying a large tree full of many small files
> (kernel source) onto a drive formatted with F2FS. The copy seems to
> proceed normally, but when all files appear to be copied, cp seems to
> hang and does not seem to terminate properly. Its waiting for something
> I assume. This also happens with 3.16.0-rc{1,2}. cp responds to Ctrl-C
> and terminates, and the files appear to be there on the F2FS partition.
>
> It works as expected with Kernel 3.14.8
>
> Any clues?
>
> Brian

Jaegeuk Kim