* Re: how to build intel-gpu-tools without cairo
@ 2014-07-03 21:47 Liu, Ying2
From: Liu, Ying2 @ 2014-07-03 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: intel-gfx

Damien,

We run intel-gpu-tool in VMware esx console. We didn't port display part of intel gpu driver to esx, so we don't need any display tests at all.
If you could provide us a solution to run intel gpu tools without cairo, that would be great.

Thanks

Ying

* Re: how to build intel-gpu-tools without cairo
@ 2014-07-07 20:52 ` Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2014-07-07 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Liu, Ying2; +Cc: intel-gfx

On Thu, Jul 03, 2014 at 09:47:13PM +0000, Liu, Ying2 wrote:
> Damien,
>
> We run intel-gpu-tool in VMware esx console. We didn't port display part of intel gpu driver to esx, so we don't need any display tests at all.
> If you could provide us a solution to run intel gpu tools without cairo, that would be great.

I guess do the same as the android guys and disable the cairo tests on
esx. I don't want this for the linux autotools build since I _really_ want
to make sure that people build all the tests, always.

But if you can do it with an ESX platform check we could merge this
upstream even.
-Daniel

--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation

* Re: how to build intel-gpu-tools without cairo
@ 2014-07-07 21:23   ` Liu, Ying2
From: Liu, Ying2 @ 2014-07-07 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Vetter; +Cc: intel-gfx

I will try to disable the cairo tests on esx.

Thanks

Ying

@ 2014-07-02 18:15   ` Liu, Ying2
From: Liu, Ying2 @ 2014-07-02 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wood, Thomas; +Cc: intel-gfx

Thank you so much for your reply

Ying

From: Damien Lespiau @ 2014-07-02 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Liu, Ying2; +Cc: intel-gfx

Hi,

Could you explain more why you can't use cairo in your environment?
Don't you want the display tests at all (that's where cairo is used)?

There's a way to not use cairo with the android build system, but not
currently with the autotools one. We'd rather have a good reason to add
some maintenance burden.

Damien

@ 2014-07-02 10:26   ` Mateo Lozano, Oscar
From: Mateo Lozano, Oscar @ 2014-07-02 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wood, Thomas, Liu, Ying2; +Cc: intel-gfx

For Android (see tests/Android.mk) we skip the building of those tests that depend on Cairo (at least until we get Cairo fully compiled and working on the Android tree). Maybe you can do the same?

-- Oscar

* Re: how to build intel-gpu-tools without cairo
@ 2014-07-02 10:03 ` Thomas Wood
From: Thomas Wood @ 2014-07-02 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Liu, Ying2; +Cc: intel-gfx

@ 2014-07-01 18:49 Liu, Ying2