* Schedule for the Containers mini-summit at LPC 2014 (next week in Düsseldorf)
@ 2014-10-10 15:21 Stéphane Graber
       [not found] ` <1412955510.26860.197.camel@canyon.ip6.wittsend.com>
From: Stéphane Graber @ 2014-10-10 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: containers-cunTk1MwBs98uUxBSJOaYoYkZiVZrdSR2LY78lusg7I,
	lxc-devel-cunTk1MwBs9qMoObBWhMNEqPaTDuhLve2LY78lusg7I,
	lxc-users-cunTk1MwBs9qMoObBWhMNEqPaTDuhLve2LY78lusg7I
  Cc: brandon-Qdl1sq8EXS0

Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd send our current expected schedule for the containers
mini-summit at Linux Plumbers 2014 happening next Friday morning at the
congress center in Düsseldorf, Germany.

We expect to mostly stick to this schedule with one potential last
minute addition. We also may have to cut a bit of the tea break to fit
everything.

== First part (project updates) ==
 - Title: Opening speech / schedule presentation / intros / ...
   By: Brandon Philips and Stéphane Graber
   Length: 5min

 - Title: LXC after 1.0
   By: Stéphane Graber
   Length: 10min

 - Title: Are containers that we have now secure enough?
   By: Vladimir Davydov and Pavel Emelyanov
   Length: 10min

 - Title: Checkpoint/restore of containers with CRIU
   By: Tycho Andersen, Pavel Emelyanov, Serge Hallyn and Saied Kazemi
   Length: 40min

 - Title: systemd and containers: standards, integration, and APIs
   By: Lennart Poettering
   Length: 15min

===== Tea break =====

 - Title: Kubernetes and Google: Lessons learned from 8+ years of containers
   By: Tim Hockin
   Length: unknown

 - Title: Resource management across different tools
   By: Rohit Jnagal
   Length: 15min

== Second part (device namespaces and related) ==

 - Title: FUSE mounts from user namespaces
   By: Seth Forshee
   Length: 10-15min

 - Title: Dynamic device management in an LXC environment
   By: Michael Coss
   Length: 15min

 - Title: How far are we from running distributions inside containers?
   By: Amir Goldstein and Oren Laadan
   Length: unknown

Looking forward to seeing you all next week!

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer

* Re: [lxc-devel] Schedule for the Containers mini-summit at LPC 2014 (next week in Düsseldorf)
@ 2014-10-10 15:38 ` Michael H. Warfield
       [not found] ` <1412955510.26860.197.camel@canyon.ip6.wittsend.com>
From: Michael H. Warfield @ 2014-10-10 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: lxc-users-cunTk1MwBs9qMoObBWhMNEqPaTDuhLve2LY78lusg7I,
	containers-cunTk1MwBs98uUxBSJOaYoYkZiVZrdSR2LY78lusg7I,
	brandon-Qdl1sq8EXS0

Is this going to be recorded?  I would love to be there but my travel
budget is all tapped out through next year.

Regards,
Mike
--
Michael H. Warfield (AI4NB) | (770) 978-7061 |  mhw-BetbSzk+GohWk0Htik3J/w@public.gmane.org

* Re: [lxc-users] [lxc-devel] Schedule for the Containers mini-summit at LPC 2014 (next week in Düsseldorf)
       [not found]   ` <1412955510.26860.197.camel-vOfUpqNauDHtTQEGl6Np2G/jKlrYuGwS@public.gmane.org>
@ 2014-10-10 15:53     ` Stéphane Graber
From: Stéphane Graber @ 2014-10-10 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: containers-cunTk1MwBs98uUxBSJOaYoYkZiVZrdSR2LY78lusg7I,
	brandon-Qdl1sq8EXS0, LXC development mailing-list

I don't remember seeing a clear yes or no on that question but last
year's edition was so I'm hopeful.

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 11:38:30AM -0400, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> Is this going to be recorded?  I would love to be there but my travel
> budget is all tapped out through next year.
>
> On Fri, 2014-10-10 at 17:21 +0200, Stéphane Graber wrote:
> > Hey everyone,
> >
> > Just thought I'd send our current expected schedule for the containers
> > mini-summit at Linux Plumbers 2014 happening next Friday morning at the
> > congress center in Düsseldorf, Germany.
> >
> > We expect to mostly stick to this schedule with one potential last
> > minute addition. We also may have to cut a bit of the tea break to fit
> > everything.
> >

> > == First part (project updates) ==
> >  - Title: Opening speech / schedule presentation / intros / ...
> >    By: Brandon Philips and Stéphane Graber
> >    Length: 5min
> >
> >  - Title: LXC after 1.0
> >    By: Stéphane Graber
> >    Length: 10min
> >
> >  - Title: Are containers that we have now secure enough?
> >    By: Vladimir Davydov and Pavel Emelyanov
> >    Length: 10min
> >
> >  - Title: Checkpoint/restore of containers with CRIU
> >    By: Tycho Andersen, Pavel Emelyanov, Serge Hallyn and Saied Kazemi
> >    Length: 40min
> >
> >  - Title: systemd and containers: standards, integration, and APIs
> >    By: Lennart Poettering
> >    Length: 15min
> >
> > ===== Tea break =====
> >
> >  - Title: Kubernetes and Google: Lessons learned from 8+ years of containers
> >    By: Tim Hockin
> >    Length: unknown
> >
> >  - Title: Resource management across different tools
> >    By: Rohit Jnagal
> >    Length: 15min
> >
> > == Second part (device namespaces and related) ==
> >
> >  - Title: FUSE mounts from user namespaces
> >    By: Seth Forshee
> >    Length: 10-15min
> >
> >  - Title: Dynamic device management in an LXC environment
> >    By: Michael Coss
> >    Length: 15min
> >
> >  - Title: How far are we from running distributions inside containers?
> >    By: Amir Goldstein and Oren Laadan
> >    Length: unknown
> >

> > Looking forward to seeing you all next week!
>
> Regards,
> Mike
> --
> Michael H. Warfield (AI4NB) | (770) 978-7061 |  mhw-BetbSzk+GohWk0Htik3J/w@public.gmane.org
>    /\/\|=mhw=|\/\/          | (678) 463-0932 |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/
>    NIC whois: MHW9          | An optimist believes we live in the best of all
>  PGP Key: 0x674627FF        | possible worlds.  A pessimist is sure of it!

Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer
http://www.ubuntu.com

* Re: [lxc-users] [lxc-devel] Schedule for the Containers mini-summit at LPC 2014 (next week in Düsseldorf)
@ 2014-10-10 23:01       ` James Bottomley
From: James Bottomley @ 2014-10-10 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stéphane Graber
	containers-cunTk1MwBs98uUxBSJOaYoYkZiVZrdSR2LY78lusg7I,
	LXC development mailing-list, brandon-Qdl1sq8EXS0

On Fri, 2014-10-10 at 17:53 +0200, Stéphane Graber wrote:
> I don't remember seeing a clear yes or no on that question but last
> year's edition was so I'm hopeful.

Actually, no.  The demand for recording the conferences this year was
about treble the estimate (due to staffing levels required by the
unions, I think), so we just couldn't afford it.

James