* [Qemu-devel] QEMU trunk now in hardfreeze
@ 2014-11-05 15:32 Peter Maydell
From: Peter Maydell @ 2014-11-05 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: QEMU Developers

Hi; I've just tagged v2.2.0-rc0 in master, so we're now officially
in hardfreeze, and only accepting bug fixes from here onward.
Mike Roth should have the rc0 tarballs out sometime later today.

I've updated http://wiki.qemu.org/Planning/2.2 to list -rc dates;
as usual, one a week, with the hope that -rc3 will be the final one
with no changes between that and the release proper.

Please make sure you update the changelog at
http://wiki.qemu.org/ChangeLog/2.2 with any interesting/important
new features that got added in this release.

thanks
-- PMM

* Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU trunk now in hardfreeze
@ 2014-11-06  4:51 ` Gonglei
From: Gonglei @ 2014-11-06  4:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Maydell; +Cc: QEMU Developers

On 2014/11/5 23:32, Peter Maydell wrote:

> Hi; I've just tagged v2.2.0-rc0 in master, so we're now officially
> in hardfreeze, and only accepting bug fixes from here onward.
> Mike Roth should have the rc0 tarballs out sometime later today.
>
> I've updated http://wiki.qemu.org/Planning/2.2 to list -rc dates;
> as usual, one a week, with the hope that -rc3 will be the final one
> with no changes between that and the release proper.
>
> Please make sure you update the changelog at
> http://wiki.qemu.org/ChangeLog/2.2 with any interesting/important
> new features that got added in this release.

Hi, Peter

I think the below feature should be added in 2.2 release.

-Boot Devices
Supporting dynamically modify boot order of guest, and assuring
taking effect after the guest rebooting.

Request for wiki account, please. Thanks!

Best regards,
-Gonglei

* Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU trunk now in hardfreeze
@ 2014-11-06  5:01   ` Amos Kong
From: Amos Kong @ 2014-11-06  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gonglei; +Cc: Peter Maydell, QEMU Developers

On Thu, Nov 06, 2014 at 12:51:23PM +0800, Gonglei wrote:
> On 2014/11/5 23:32, Peter Maydell wrote:
>
> > Hi; I've just tagged v2.2.0-rc0 in master, so we're now officially
> > in hardfreeze, and only accepting bug fixes from here onward.
> > Mike Roth should have the rc0 tarballs out sometime later today.
> >
> > I've updated http://wiki.qemu.org/Planning/2.2 to list -rc dates;
> > as usual, one a week, with the hope that -rc3 will be the final one
> > with no changes between that and the release proper.
> >
> > Please make sure you update the changelog at
> > http://wiki.qemu.org/ChangeLog/2.2 with any interesting/important
> > new features that got added in this release.
> >

> Hi, Peter
>
> I think the below feature should be added in 2.2 release.
>
> -Boot Devices
> Supporting dynamically modify boot order of guest, and assuring
> taking effect after the guest rebooting.
>
> Request for wiki account, please. Thanks!

I have created one for you.
username: GongLei

--
			Amos.

* Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU trunk now in hardfreeze
@ 2014-11-06  6:03     ` Gonglei
From: Gonglei @ 2014-11-06  6:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amos Kong; +Cc: Peter Maydell, QEMU Developers

On 2014/11/6 13:01, Amos Kong wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 06, 2014 at 12:51:23PM +0800, Gonglei wrote:
>> On 2014/11/5 23:32, Peter Maydell wrote:
>>
>>> Hi; I've just tagged v2.2.0-rc0 in master, so we're now officially
>>> in hardfreeze, and only accepting bug fixes from here onward.
>>> Mike Roth should have the rc0 tarballs out sometime later today.
>>>
>>> I've updated http://wiki.qemu.org/Planning/2.2 to list -rc dates;
>>> as usual, one a week, with the hope that -rc3 will be the final one
>>> with no changes between that and the release proper.
>>>
>>> Please make sure you update the changelog at
>>> http://wiki.qemu.org/ChangeLog/2.2 with any interesting/important
>>> new features that got added in this release.
>>>

>> Hi, Peter
>>
>> I think the below feature should be added in 2.2 release.
>>
>> -Boot Devices
>> Supporting dynamically modify boot order of guest, and assuring
>> taking effect after the guest rebooting.
>>
>> Request for wiki account, please. Thanks!
>
> I have created one for you.
> username: GongLei

Get it! Thanks :)

Best regards,
-Gonglei

* Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU trunk now in hardfreeze
@ 2014-11-06 16:49   ` Stefan Hajnoczi
From: Stefan Hajnoczi @ 2014-11-06 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gonglei; +Cc: Peter Maydell, QEMU Developers

On Thu, Nov 06, 2014 at 12:51:23PM +0800, Gonglei wrote:
> On 2014/11/5 23:32, Peter Maydell wrote:
>
> > Hi; I've just tagged v2.2.0-rc0 in master, so we're now officially
> > in hardfreeze, and only accepting bug fixes from here onward.
> > Mike Roth should have the rc0 tarballs out sometime later today.
> >
> > I've updated http://wiki.qemu.org/Planning/2.2 to list -rc dates;
> > as usual, one a week, with the hope that -rc3 will be the final one
> > with no changes between that and the release proper.
> >
> > Please make sure you update the changelog at
> > http://wiki.qemu.org/ChangeLog/2.2 with any interesting/important
> > new features that got added in this release.
> >

> Hi, Peter
>
> I think the below feature should be added in 2.2 release.
>
> -Boot Devices
> Supporting dynamically modify boot order of guest, and assuring
> taking effect after the guest rebooting.

"Please add this" isn't enough.  What is the justification to add it
during hard freeze where only bug fixes are allowed?

Stefan

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 473 bytes --]

* Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU trunk now in hardfreeze
@ 2014-11-06 17:26     ` Paolo Bonzini
From: Paolo Bonzini @ 2014-11-06 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Hajnoczi, Gonglei; +Cc: Peter Maydell, QEMU Developers

* Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU trunk now in hardfreeze
@ 2014-11-07  0:42       ` Gonglei
From: Gonglei @ 2014-11-07  0:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paolo Bonzini; +Cc: Stefan Hajnoczi, QEMU Developers, Peter Maydell

On 2014/11/7 1:26, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

>> "Please add this" isn't enough.  What is the justification to add
>> it during hard freeze where only bug fixes are allowed?
>
> He meant to the changelog, it's one of his contributions to 2.2. :)

Yeah. Thanks. ;)

Best regards,
-Gonglei

* Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU trunk now in hardfreeze
@ 2014-11-09  9:43 ` Mark Cave-Ayland
From: Mark Cave-Ayland @ 2014-11-09  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Maydell, qemu-devel

On 05/11/14 15:32, Peter Maydell wrote:

> Hi; I've just tagged v2.2.0-rc0 in master, so we're now officially
> in hardfreeze, and only accepting bug fixes from here onward.
> Mike Roth should have the rc0 tarballs out sometime later today.
>
> I've updated http://wiki.qemu.org/Planning/2.2 to list -rc dates;
> as usual, one a week, with the hope that -rc3 will be the final one
> with no changes between that and the release proper.
>
> Please make sure you update the changelog at
> http://wiki.qemu.org/ChangeLog/2.2 with any interesting/important
> new features that got added in this release.

I don't have a wiki account, but I think it's worth mentioning that
qemu-system-sparc64 will now happily boot NetBSD and OpenBSD in
-nographic mode in addition to Linux.

ATB,

Mark.

* Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU trunk now in hardfreeze
@ 2014-11-09 16:42   ` Peter Maydell
From: Peter Maydell @ 2014-11-09 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Cave-Ayland; +Cc: qemu-devel

On 9 November 2014 09:43, Mark Cave-Ayland
<mark.cave-ayland@ilande.co.uk> wrote:
> On 05/11/14 15:32, Peter Maydell wrote:
>> Please make sure you update the changelog at
>> http://wiki.qemu.org/ChangeLog/2.2 with any interesting/important
>> new features that got added in this release.
>
> I don't have a wiki account, but I think it's worth mentioning that
> qemu-system-sparc64 will now happily boot NetBSD and OpenBSD in
> -nographic mode in addition to Linux.

I've created you a wiki account so you can add it yourself now :-)

@ 2014-11-09 16:45     ` Mark Cave-Ayland
From: Mark Cave-Ayland @ 2014-11-09 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Maydell; +Cc: qemu-devel

On 09/11/14 16:42, Peter Maydell wrote:

> On 9 November 2014 09:43, Mark Cave-Ayland
> <mark.cave-ayland@ilande.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 05/11/14 15:32, Peter Maydell wrote:
>>> Please make sure you update the changelog at
>>> http://wiki.qemu.org/ChangeLog/2.2 with any interesting/important
>>> new features that got added in this release.
>>
>> I don't have a wiki account, but I think it's worth mentioning that
>> qemu-system-sparc64 will now happily boot NetBSD and OpenBSD in
>> -nographic mode in addition to Linux.
>
> I've created you a wiki account so you can add it yourself now :-)

Great - thanks!

ATB,

Mark.

* Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU trunk now in hardfreeze
@ 2014-11-17 16:25         ` Stefan Hajnoczi
From: Stefan Hajnoczi @ 2014-11-17 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gonglei; +Cc: Paolo Bonzini, QEMU Developers, Peter Maydell

On Fri, Nov 07, 2014 at 08:42:57AM +0800, Gonglei wrote:

> >> "Please add this" isn't enough.  What is the justification to add
> >> it during hard freeze where only bug fixes are allowed?
> >
> > He meant to the changelog, it's one of his contributions to 2.2. :)
> >

> Yeah. Thanks. ;)

Sorry for the misunderstanding :).

Please let me know if you need a wiki account and I'll email you login
details.

@ 2014-11-18  1:35           ` Gonglei
From: Gonglei @ 2014-11-18  1:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Hajnoczi; +Cc: Paolo Bonzini, QEMU Developers, Peter Maydell

On 2014/11/18 0:25, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 07, 2014 at 08:42:57AM +0800, Gonglei wrote:

>>> He meant to the changelog, it's one of his contributions to 2.2. :)
>>>

>> Yeah. Thanks. ;)
>
> Sorry for the misunderstanding :).
>
> Please let me know if you need a wiki account and I'll email you login
> details.
>
> Stefan

Amos Kong had provided me an account.
Thank you all the same. ;)