* [LTP] Need help to compile LTP
@ 2014-12-04  6:00 Raju
From: Raju @ 2014-12-04  6:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp-list

Hello Sir,

I am working on LTP and want to compile selected package and not the whole
LTP. How can I compile selected PACKAGE.

Example I want to compile only Commands in LTP
https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp/tree/master/testcases/commands

How can I compile only the commands and not the whole LTP package.

If it is possible can u suggest me the steps to do that.

Regards,

Raju

* Re: [LTP] Need help to compile LTP
@ 2014-12-04  8:34 ` Cyril Hrubis
       [not found]   ` <002f01d00fa3$8d225df0$a76719d0$@samsung.com>
From: Cyril Hrubis @ 2014-12-04  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Raju; +Cc: ltp-list

Hi!
> I am working on LTP and want to compile selected package and not the whole
> LTP. How can I compile selected PACKAGE.

You have to run configure in the root directory first, then just doing
make in the corresponding directory should work just fine.

--
Cyril Hrubis
chrubis@suse.cz

@ 2014-12-04  9:27     ` Cyril Hrubis
       [not found]       ` <003001d00fa7$aeec4820$0cc4d860$@samsung.com>
From: Cyril Hrubis @ 2014-12-04  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Raju; +Cc: ltp-list

Hi!
> Thanks for your suggestion and help.
>
> But , Inside the command folder under LTP we have lot of sub-folders such as
>

> ade,at,cpio,cron,eject etc.
>
> Now I do not want to compile all the sub folders inside the command folder.

The build process is recursive, you can type make in any of the folders
in the tree and it will rebuild code in all the subtrees.

--
Cyril Hrubis
chrubis@suse.cz

@ 2014-12-04  9:55         ` Cyril Hrubis
From: Cyril Hrubis @ 2014-12-04  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Raju; +Cc: ltp-list

Hi!
> When we type ./configure --help=sort
>
> We get list of help for ./configure
>
>   --with-PACKAGE[=ARG]    use PACKAGE [ARG=yes]
>   --without-PACKAGE       do not use PACKAGE (same as --with-PACKAGE=no)
>
>   --disable-option-checking  ignore unrecognized --enable/--with options
>   --disable-FEATURE       do not include FEATURE (same as
> --enable-FEATURE=no)
>   --enable-FEATURE[=ARG]  include FEATURE [ARG=yes]
>
> Are you aware of how do you use these option along with ./configure and how
> does all the above option help.

All the possibilities are listed in the help as well, see for yourself:

  --with-power-management-testsuite
                          compile and install the x86 power management
                          testsuite (default=no)
  --with-open-posix-testsuite
                          compile and install the open posix testsuite
                          (default=no)
  --with-realtime-testsuite
                          compile and install the realtime testsuite
                          (default=no)
  --with-linux-version=VERSION

You cannot enable/disable single testcases or group of testcases from being
compiled this way. Only whole testsuites that are included in LTP.

--
Cyril Hrubis
chrubis@suse.cz