* Btrfs progs pre-release 3.18-rc2
@ 2014-12-19 18:21 David Sterba
From: David Sterba @ 2014-12-19 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs; +Cc: clm

Hi

another step towards 3.18, the changes are limited in scope and mostly
cleanups or docs. I'd like to see more test images for new fsck code,
there are 2 new that I missed earlier, so they don't count.

The timing with end of the year is not good so if I'm not confident
that the release is in a good shape I'm rather going to postpone it.
Alternatively, I can do a release on Monday and then use the following
weeks to prepare a .1 bugfix release.

Known problems: the image 013 fails

* Re: Btrfs progs pre-release 3.18-rc2
@ 2014-12-22  8:17 ` Qu Wenruo
From: Qu Wenruo @ 2014-12-22  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dsterba, linux-btrfs, clm

> another step towards 3.18, the changes are limited in scope and mostly
> cleanups or docs. I'd like to see more test images for new fsck code,
> there are 2 new that I missed earlier, so they don't count.
>
> The timing with end of the year is not good so if I'm not confident
> that the release is in a good shape I'm rather going to postpone it.
> Alternatively, I can do a release on Monday and then use the following
> weeks to prepare a .1 bugfix release.
>
> Known problems: the image 013 fails
Hi david,

I'm doing the btrfsck test framework tweaks, it will not be a big change
but it will change the original
dir hierarchy, including moving of all the binary/btrfs-image dump to
different dirs
(some dir may contains several images).

I'm afraid it may also delay 3.18 progs release, so just info you in
advance.

Thanks,
Qu

* Re: Btrfs progs pre-release 3.18-rc2
@ 2014-12-22 11:37   ` David Sterba
From: David Sterba @ 2014-12-22 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Qu Wenruo; +Cc: linux-btrfs, clm

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 04:17:45PM +0800, Qu Wenruo wrote:
> I'm doing the btrfsck test framework tweaks, it will not be a big change
> but it will change the original
> dir hierarchy, including moving of all the binary/btrfs-image dump to
> different dirs
> (some dir may contains several images).
>
> I'm afraid it may also delay 3.18 progs release, so just info you in
> advance.

I think I could run the tests with rc2 codebase against the images you'd
provide but will not merge the code changes for that release.

* Re: Btrfs progs pre-release 3.18-rc2
@ 2014-12-23  0:33     ` Qu Wenruo
From: Qu Wenruo @ 2014-12-23  0:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dsterba, linux-btrfs, clm

> On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 04:17:45PM +0800, Qu Wenruo wrote:
>> I'm doing the btrfsck test framework tweaks, it will not be a big change
>> but it will change the original
>> dir hierarchy, including moving of all the binary/btrfs-image dump to
>> different dirs
>> (some dir may contains several images).
>>
>> I'm afraid it may also delay 3.18 progs release, so just info you in
>> advance.
> I think I could run the tests with rc2 codebase against the images you'd
> provide but will not merge the code changes for that release.
That's all right.
I'll send 1 or 2 small bug fix for leaf-corruption recovery for v3.18.x
base soon.

Thanks,
Qu