* [Xenomai] ARM/ipipe patches
@ 2015-01-23  7:52 Gilles Chanteperdrix
From: Gilles Chanteperdrix @ 2015-01-23  7:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philippe Gerum; +Cc: xenomai

Hi Philippe,

You may have missed the discussion between Jan and me, but I am
opposed to the following commits:
https://git.xenomai.org/ipipe.git/commit/?h=ipipe-3.14&id=7272c23ff5e1be3bfad58497de132e0336649c34
https://git.xenomai.org/ipipe.git/commit/?h=ipipe-3.14&id=5ca7ed6c7c0316de5f494b773f3c7c3263aa726b

as long as Jan does not provide an explanation on how it fixes all
the possible paths (which are not numerous) in entry.S. As long as I
do not have this explanation, I consider these patches of the
half-baked, "works for me" kind and refuse to have to be the one who
on a user bug report, after a lengthy discussion, discover that they
cause some unexpected crashes. And since I am the one maintaining
the I-pipe pat for ARM, this is what is going to happen if they
indeed do not fix all the possible pathes in entry.S. The reason why
I did not make CONFIG_TRACE_IRQFLAGS depend on !IPIPE is because I
expected Jan to provide this explanation since he never said he
would not do it.

Regards.

--
					    Gilles.