* [Qemu-devel] makefile help: giving QEMU an icon
@ 2015-01-23 20:48 Programmingkid
From: Programmingkid @ 2015-01-23 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel qemu-devel

I'm trying to make QEMU have an icon instead of the standard gray box icon it is given on Mac OS X. I figured out where to put the code in the makefile, but this location isn't useful. git is trained not to use it. The location is ./ppc-softmmu/makefile. My question is where do I put my icon setting code?

It currently works in ./ppc-softmmu/makefile after this line: all: $(PROGS) stap

all: $(PROGS) stap

# Set the icon for QEMU on Macintosh
ifdef CONFIG_DARWIN
	# Take an image and make the image its own icon:
	sips -i ../pc-bios/qemu-nsis.ico

	# Extract the icon to its own resource file:
	DeRez -only icns ../pc-bios/qemu-nsis.ico > tmpicns.rsrc

	# append this resource to the file you want to icon-ize.
	Rez -append tmpicns.rsrc -o $(QEMU_PROG)

	# Use the resource to set the icon.
	SetFile -a C $(QEMU_PROG)

	# clean up.
	rm tmpicns.rsrc
endif

What I'm trying to do is have all targets receive the icon. For now I am trying the code out on the PowerPC target. Any hints would be appreciated.

* Re: [Qemu-devel] makefile help: giving QEMU an icon
@ 2015-01-26  9:07 ` Thomas Huth
From: Thomas Huth @ 2015-01-26  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Programmingkid; +Cc: qemu-devel qemu-devel

On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 15:48:31 -0500
Programmingkid <programmingkidx@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to make QEMU have an icon instead of the standard gray box icon it is given on Mac OS X. I figured out where to put the code in the makefile, but this location isn't useful. git is trained not to use it. The location is ./ppc-softmmu/makefile. My question is where do I put my icon setting code?
>
> It currently works in ./ppc-softmmu/makefile after this line: all: $(PROGS) stap

Well, that file is normally just a symlink, generated by the configure
script. So you might want to have a look at the destination of the link
instead, the Makefile.target file in the main directory of the sources.

 Thomas