* [Buildroot] grub2 and 2015.02-rc2
@ 2015-02-17 12:58 Gary Partis
From: Gary Partis @ 2015-02-17 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi all

I use BR2_ROOTFS_POST_IMAGE_SCRIPT to generate a disk image after completing
a build, and most of the commands work great using the "hosted" versions
within the build (ie. dd, parted, mkefs, e2cp etc).

However, when calling "grub-install", it throws back the error

/home/gary/buildroot/buildroot-2015.02-rc2/output/host/usr/sbin/grub-install
: line 79: /usr/share/grub/grub-mkconfig_lib: No such file or directory

as it is attempting to access a file in the host's filesystem, and not the
"hosted" version.

Is there a simple workaround for this, or am I missing something really
obvious?

Thanks in advance,

Gary Partis

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [Buildroot] grub2 and 2015.02-rc2
@ 2015-02-17 13:42 ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2015-02-17 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Dear Gary Partis,

On Tue, 17 Feb 2015 12:58:10 -0000, Gary Partis wrote:

> Is there a simple workaround for this, or am I missing something really
> obvious?

Did you follow the grub2 installation procedure described at:

  http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/tree/boot/grub2/Config.in#n14

This text is visible in the help text of the grub2 option in
menuconfig/xconfig.

Best regards,

Thomas Petazzoni
--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com

* [Buildroot] grub2 and 2015.02-rc2
@ 2015-02-17 14:56   ` Gary Partis
From: Gary Partis @ 2015-02-17 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi Thomas

Ah - I was hoping that grub2 didn't require root access (loop back device
etc), to simply install boot sector code and place some other code elsewhere
within image file system.... :-(

Cheers

Gary

Embedded Linux, Kernel and Android engineering http://free-electrons.com