* [Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2015-02-25
@ 2015-02-26  7:30 Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2015-02-26  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

        bfin |                   thrift-0.9.2 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/bfed0eae7927a8bdb1b9e809f47f2e95f0d8466a/
        bfin |                   thrift-0.9.2 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/72f3fc5a042ef0a3e9bfc53bfd59dbbdbc5170fa/
        i686 |                        unknown | TIM | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/ca8a3564cfd2bb806e8351591b6fbe6e0decec87/
         arm |                  webkit-1.11.5 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/5b322c6f01f63a0b33a287a04d130fa70b0846cc/
         arm | yavta-82ff2efdb9787737b9f21... | TIM | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/102d775987d7461390890ada08aa8210880e5aab/
        bfin | zmqpp-36413487f05b165dfc82a... | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/f6deab776977c9ea94f6d279227e2f40223306f6/

--

@ 2015-02-26  9:30 ` Alex Suykov
From: Alex Suykov @ 2015-02-26  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 08:30:13AM +0100, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:

>       x86_64 |                 pinentry-0.9.0 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/0698b9de273d7c5e5982830c1515cdd030bcba29/
Builds fine for me with current master branch.

Commit hash there is 345f32e67d44368c031777d694c4c75823b41bfd, that's yesterday
and it doesn't look like anything relevant has changed since then.

* [Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2015-02-25
@ 2015-02-26 18:39 ` Baruch Siach
From: Baruch Siach @ 2015-02-26 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi Thomas, list,

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 08:30:13AM +0100, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
>       x86_64 |                       make-4.1 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/b80a34a602b1241bc03cd43df1a269389d50e75c/

Nice.

So we package different versions of the same library under different names.
The library is the Boehm-Demers-Weiser garbage collector that we carry under
the names bdwgc (7.2f), and libgc (7.4.0). The following build order seems to
triggers the error:

	bdwgc (guile dependency)
	guile
	libgc
	make

guile links with bdwgc as a mandatory dependency. make-4.1 configure script
finds guile and pulls -lguile-2.0 and -lgc to its link command. But libgc
builds before make, thus overwriting bdwgc. When make attempts to link with
libgc it fails because of missing getcontext, a problem that is fixed in bdwgc
by a local patch.

I have verified that building guile, libgc, and make, in that order,
reproduced this build failure.

I suggest to just remove libgc in master, event though it was added first,
because no other package depend on it.

baruch

* [Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2015-02-25
@ 2015-02-26 22:51   ` Peter Korsgaard
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2015-02-26 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

 > Hi Thomas, list,
 > On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 08:30:13AM +0100, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
 >> x86_64 | make-4.1 | NOK |
 >> http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/b80a34a602b1241bc03cd43df1a269389d50e75c/

 > Nice.

 > So we package different versions of the same library under different names.
 > The library is the Boehm-Demers-Weiser garbage collector that we carry under
 > the names bdwgc (7.2f), and libgc (7.4.0). The following build order seems to
 > triggers the error:

 > 	bdwgc (guile dependency)
 > 	guile
 > 	libgc
 > 	make

 > guile links with bdwgc as a mandatory dependency. make-4.1 configure script
 > finds guile and pulls -lguile-2.0 and -lgc to its link command. But libgc
 > builds before make, thus overwriting bdwgc. When make attempts to link with
 > libgc it fails because of missing getcontext, a problem that is fixed in bdwgc
 > by a local patch.

 > I have verified that building guile, libgc, and make, in that order,
 > reproduced this build failure.

 > I suggest to just remove libgc in master, event though it was added first,
 > because no other package depend on it.

Yes, bdwgc seems like a more sensible name. We should add
Config.in.legacy handling for LIBGC though.

But presumably version 7.4 would be nicer to have than 7.2f (if nothing
else then because it doesn't have the arch dependencies).

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard

* [Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2015-02-25
@ 2015-02-27  5:50     ` Baruch Siach
From: Baruch Siach @ 2015-02-27  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi Peter,

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 11:51:46PM +0100, Peter Korsgaard wrote:

>  > Hi Thomas, list,
>  > On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 08:30:13AM +0100, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
>  >> x86_64 | make-4.1 | NOK |
>  >> http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/b80a34a602b1241bc03cd43df1a269389d50e75c/
>
>  > Nice.
>
>  > So we package different versions of the same library under different names.
>  > The library is the Boehm-Demers-Weiser garbage collector that we carry under
>  > the names bdwgc (7.2f), and libgc (7.4.0). The following build order seems to
>  > triggers the error:
>
>  > 	bdwgc (guile dependency)
>  > 	guile
>  > 	libgc
>  > 	make
>
>  > guile links with bdwgc as a mandatory dependency. make-4.1 configure script
>  > finds guile and pulls -lguile-2.0 and -lgc to its link command. But libgc
>  > builds before make, thus overwriting bdwgc. When make attempts to link with
>  > libgc it fails because of missing getcontext, a problem that is fixed in bdwgc
>  > by a local patch.
>
>  > I have verified that building guile, libgc, and make, in that order,
>  > reproduced this build failure.
>
>  > I suggest to just remove libgc in master, event though it was added first,
>  > because no other package depend on it.
>
> Yes, bdwgc seems like a more sensible name. We should add
> Config.in.legacy handling for LIBGC though.
>
> But presumably version 7.4 would be nicer to have than 7.2f (if nothing
> else then because it doesn't have the arch dependencies).

Right. Just sent a patch. But this is -next material, I believe.

baruch