* HVR2205 / HVR2255 support
@ 2015-03-04 13:43 Steven Toth
From: Steven Toth @ 2015-03-04 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux-Media, Mauro Carvalho Chehab

Mauro, what's the plan to pull the LGDT3306A branch into tip? The
SAA7164/HVR2255 driver need this for demod support.

Hey folks, an update on this.

So I have the green-light to release my HVR2205 and HVR2255 board
related patches. I started merging them into tip earlier this week.
The HVR2205 is operational for DVB-T, although I have not tested
analog tv as yet.

The HVR2255 is the next on the list, I expect this to be trivial once
the HVR2205 work is complete.

Annoyingly, I'm traveling on business for the next 10 days or so. I
can't complete the work until I return - but I expect to complete this
entire exercise by 21st of this month.... So hold on a little longer
and keep watching this mailing list for further updates.

Thanks,

- Steve

--
Steven Toth - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com

* Re: HVR2205 / HVR2255 support
@ 2015-03-04 14:03 ` Olli Salonen
From: Olli Salonen @ 2015-03-04 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven Toth; +Cc: Linux-Media, Mauro Carvalho Chehab

Hello Steven,

Great to hear! The LGDT3306A went into the media_tree yesterday as far
as I can see, together with my HVR-955Q patches.

Coincidentally, I've been working with HVR-2205 and HVR-2215 as well
and have looked into the HVR-2255 a bit too. I'll also be travelling
(luckily on leisure) for next 10 days or so, but can submit the
HVR-2215 patches on top of your patches afterwards then unless you
have HVR-2215 support already.

Cheers,
-olli

On 4 March 2015 at 15:43, Steven Toth <stoth@kernellabs.com> wrote:
> Mauro, what's the plan to pull the LGDT3306A branch into tip? The
> SAA7164/HVR2255 driver need this for demod support.
>
> Hey folks, an update on this.
>
> So I have the green-light to release my HVR2205 and HVR2255 board
> related patches. I started merging them into tip earlier this week.
> The HVR2205 is operational for DVB-T, although I have not tested
> analog tv as yet.
>
> The HVR2255 is the next on the list, I expect this to be trivial once
> the HVR2205 work is complete.
>
> Annoyingly, I'm traveling on business for the next 10 days or so. I
> can't complete the work until I return - but I expect to complete this
> entire exercise by 21st of this month.... So hold on a little longer
> and keep watching this mailing list for further updates.
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Steve
>
> --
> Steven Toth - Kernel Labs
> http://www.kernellabs.com

* Re: HVR2205 / HVR2255 support
@ 2015-03-04 14:24 ` Mauro Carvalho Chehab
From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab @ 2015-03-04 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven Toth; +Cc: Linux-Media

Em Wed, 4 Mar 2015 08:43:24 -0500
Steven Toth <stoth@kernellabs.com> escreveu:

> Mauro, what's the plan to pull the LGDT3306A branch into tip? The
> SAA7164/HVR2255 driver need this for demod support.

Merged yesterday. Today, I added one fix from Olli to extend the
si2157 minimal frequency to match the ATSC tuner range (needed by
HVR-955Q - not sure if HVR2255 also uses si2157 as tuner).

Regards,
Mauro

> Hey folks, an update on this.
>
> So I have the green-light to release my HVR2205 and HVR2255 board
> related patches. I started merging them into tip earlier this week.
> The HVR2205 is operational for DVB-T, although I have not tested
> analog tv as yet.
>
> The HVR2255 is the next on the list, I expect this to be trivial once
> the HVR2205 work is complete.
>
> Annoyingly, I'm traveling on business for the next 10 days or so. I
> can't complete the work until I return - but I expect to complete this
> entire exercise by 21st of this month.... So hold on a little longer
> and keep watching this mailing list for further updates.
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Steve

* Re: HVR2205 / HVR2255 support
@ 2015-03-04 15:13   ` Steven Toth
From: Steven Toth @ 2015-03-04 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Olli Salonen; +Cc: Linux-Media, Mauro Carvalho Chehab

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 9:03 AM, Olli Salonen <olli.salonen@iki.fi> wrote:
> Hello Steven,
>
> Great to hear! The LGDT3306A went into the media_tree yesterday as far
> as I can see, together with my HVR-955Q patches.

Oh, great.

> Coincidentally, I've been working with HVR-2205 and HVR-2215 as well
> and have looked into the HVR-2255 a bit too. I'll also be travelling
> (luckily on leisure) for next 10 days or so, but can submit the
> HVR-2215 patches on top of your patches afterwards then unless you
> have HVR-2215 support already.

Its a long shot but If you happen to be in the UK on travel, I'd be
happy to buy lunch.

... Or if any LinuxTV devs reading this are in the UK and would like
to meet up, send me an email. I'll see what I can do.

Other than this, the HVR2215 sounds good Olli.

- Steve

--
Steven Toth - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com

* Re: HVR2205 / HVR2255 support
@ 2015-03-04 15:14   ` Steven Toth
From: Steven Toth @ 2015-03-04 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mauro Carvalho Chehab; +Cc: Linux-Media

>> Mauro, what's the plan to pull the LGDT3306A branch into tip? The
>> SAA7164/HVR2255 driver need this for demod support.
>
> Merged yesterday. Today, I added one fix from Olli to extend the
> si2157 minimal frequency to match the ATSC tuner range (needed by
> HVR-955Q - not sure if HVR2255 also uses si2157 as tuner).

Thank you sir.

--
Steven Toth - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com