* Building dizzy with meta-qt5 on an imx28evk
@ 2015-03-20 23:24 Jon Trulson
From: Jon Trulson @ 2015-03-20 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

Hi,

I am trying to build a core-image-minimal image and SDK using the yocto
dizzy branch and the meta-qt5 layer.

This is for an i.mx28evk based board.

This board does not contain any hardware video acceleration, so no
OpenGL.  It uses tslib and a framebuffer.  The goal was to get a
minimal Qt5.3.2 build for this target using the meta-qt5 layer (also
on dizzy branch).

I managed to get an image to build for the target that seems to
contain the Qt bits that I need -- libraries, the tslib and linuxfb
plugins, etc.

BUT.  When it came to building an SDK, I ran into problems.

Running:

bitbake core-image-minimal -c populate_sdk

created an installable sdk, however, there was no qmake, moc, rcc, and
the other tools needed for cross compiling Qt applications.

If I instead ran:

bitbake meta-toolchain-qt5

Then the build fails while trying to build qtdeclarative:

| Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: quick-private

Googling seems to indicate this occurs because there is no OpenGL
present and qtdeclarative will not build without it.

I do not need or want declarative in the SDK - I *think* it is being included
in order to build assistant and designer, which I also do not want/need in
the SDK :)  Just the binaries required to cross compile qt
applications like qmake, moc, etc.

So - Is there a way to build a usable Qt5 SDK that includes the
required qmake, moc, rcc, etc, binaries in the configuration I am
trying to use?

I include my conf/ local.conf and bblayers.conf below.  I'd appreciate
any clues or hacks :)

=
LCONF_VERSION = "6"

BBPATH = "${TOPDIR}"
BSPDIR := "${@os.path.abspath(os.path.dirname(d.getVar('FILE', True)) + '/../..')}"

BBFILES ?= ""
BBLAYERS = " \
   ${BSPDIR}/sources/poky/meta \
   ${BSPDIR}/sources/poky/meta-yocto \
   \
   ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-oe \
   ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-multimedia \
   \
   ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-fsl-arm \
   ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-fsl-arm-extra \
   ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-fsl-demos \
   ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-fsl-itron \
   ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-qt5 \
   ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-ruby \
"

--
Jon Trulson

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
    --Abraham Lincoln

* Re: Building dizzy with meta-qt5 on an imx28evk
@ 2015-03-21  8:51 ` Eric Bénard
From: Eric Bénard @ 2015-03-21  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jon Trulson; +Cc: meta-freescale

Hi Jon,

Le Fri, 20 Mar 2015 17:24:35 -0600 (MDT),
Jon Trulson <jon@radscan.com> a écrit :
> bitbake meta-toolchain-qt5
>
> Then the build fails while trying to build qtdeclarative:
>
> | Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: quick-private

you may need this patch :
http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-devel/2015-February/100389.html

Best regards
Eric

* Re: Building dizzy with meta-qt5 on an imx28evk
@ 2015-03-22 23:13   ` Jon Trulson
From: Jon Trulson @ 2015-03-22 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Bénard; +Cc: meta-freescale

On Sat, 21 Mar 2015, Eric Bénard wrote:

> Hi Jon,
>
> Le Fri, 20 Mar 2015 17:24:35 -0600 (MDT),
> Jon Trulson <jon@radscan.com> a écrit :
>> bitbake meta-toolchain-qt5
>>
>> Then the build fails while trying to build qtdeclarative:
>>
>> | Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: quick-private
>>
> you may need this patch :
> http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-devel/2015-February/100389.html
>
> Best regards
> Eric

Oh, that was perfect :)

With that patch it made it all the way to the populate_sdk stage where
it failed with 'no package provides: qt3d"...

Editing packagegroup-qt5-toolchain-target.bb and removing packages
that directly or indirectly required opengl allowed a functional sdk
to be built with qmake, moc, etc present.

I think the patch you referenced above should be merged - it worked
great.

As for the packages in packagegroup-qt5-toolchain-target.bb, perhaps
there needs to be a USE_OPENGL mechanism in there like there is for
X11, ruby, etc.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the pointer to the patch!

--

@ 2015-03-22 23:35     ` Otavio Salvador
From: Otavio Salvador @ 2015-03-22 23:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jon; +Cc: meta-freescale

Hello Jon,

On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 8:13 PM, Jon Trulson <jon@radscan.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Mar 2015, Eric Bénard wrote:
>> Le Fri, 20 Mar 2015 17:24:35 -0600 (MDT),
>> Jon Trulson <jon@radscan.com> a écrit :
>>> bitbake meta-toolchain-qt5
>>>
>>> Then the build fails while trying to build qtdeclarative:

>> you may need this patch :
>>
>> http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-devel/2015-February/100389.html
>>
>> Best regards
>> Eric
>>

> Oh, that was perfect :)
>
> With that patch it made it all the way to the populate_sdk stage where
> it failed with 'no package provides: qt3d"...
>
> Editing packagegroup-qt5-toolchain-target.bb and removing packages
> that directly or indirectly required opengl allowed a functional sdk
> to be built with qmake, moc, etc present.
>
> I think the patch you referenced above should be merged - it worked
> great.

Please send this to openembedded-devel and copy Martin and I :)

> As for the packages in packagegroup-qt5-toolchain-target.bb, perhaps
> there needs to be a USE_OPENGL mechanism in there like there is for
> X11, ruby, etc.

Please cook a patch ;)

* Re: Building dizzy with meta-qt5 on an imx28evk
@ 2015-03-24  0:34       ` Jon Trulson
From: Jon Trulson @ 2015-03-24  0:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Otavio Salvador; +Cc: meta-freescale