* Fsck repair takes very long for 1,761 inodes containing multiply-claimed blocks on ext4
@ 2015-04-15 15:18 Akos Csete
From: Akos Csete @ 2015-04-15 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-ext4

I ran into a very long execution time, approaching 48 hours, with
e2fsck 1.42.9 when running e2fsck -fyv on a 7.8TB volume after
fsck.ext4 -nf found 1761 inodes containing multiply-claimed blocks.
I've been tailing the e2fsck output combined with a timestamp and
found progress is extremely slow.
Is this slow processing expected? I checked Ted's response to a 2009
posting for ext3 with a similar issue where he recommended selectively
wiping inodes with debugfs clri then restoring files as needed. Are
there any other options for ext4, perhaps other/faster repair
alternatives?

Thanks,
Akos