* [Xenomai] X86 rebbot when i use latency
@ 2015-04-17 12:50 ACO31
From: ACO31 @ 2015-04-17 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

hi,

conf Xeno3, cobalt, kernel 3.16.7(from kernel.org),build for X86 (32bits)
No problem on compile/install.
I may read correct data in dmesg.
I may do all cat about xenomai in /proc/xenomai.
But when i run /usr/xenomai/bin/latency -p 100, the system reboot without
message.
could you help me.
Thanks
alain

* Re: [Xenomai] X86 rebbot when i use latency
@ 2015-04-20 17:46 ` Gilles Chanteperdrix
From: Gilles Chanteperdrix @ 2015-04-20 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ACO31; +Cc: xenomai

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 02:50:22PM +0200, ACO31 wrote:
> hi,
>
> conf Xeno3, cobalt, kernel 3.16.7(from kernel.org),build for X86 (32bits)
> No problem on compile/install.
> I may read correct data in dmesg.
> I may do all cat about xenomai in /proc/xenomai.
> But when i run /usr/xenomai/bin/latency -p 100, the system reboot without
> message.
> could you help me.

Are you sure that the system is not simply experiencing a kernel
oops and that your system is configured to reboot in that case?

If that is the case, disable this, and run the latency test in text
mode in order to see the oops text. Or capture it via serial console
if you are lucky enough that your PC has a serial port.

--
					    Gilles.

* Re: [Xenomai] X86 rebbot when i use latency
@ 2015-04-22 19:28   ` Jeroen Van den Keybus
From: Jeroen Van den Keybus @ 2015-04-22 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gilles Chanteperdrix; +Cc: ACO31, xenomai

> Are you sure that the system is not simply experiencing a kernel
> oops and that your system is configured to reboot in that case?
>
> If that is the case, disable this, and run the latency test in text
> mode in order to see the oops text. Or capture it via serial console
> if you are lucky enough that your PC has a serial port.

In case it's useful: while hunting for the APEI interrupt bug, we're
using netconsole. The kernel command line in this case is:

BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-3.16.7-cobalt
root=UUID=4cc8572b-8982-4cfe-9887-070196bd6827
 ro netconsole=6665@192.168.17.181/eth0,6666@192.168.17.180/62:54:04:a6:0a:a5
debug loglevel=7 systemd.log_level=de
bug systemd.log_target=kmsg softlockup_all_cpu_backtrace=1

@ 2015-05-07  8:24 ACO31
From: ACO31 @ 2015-05-07  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xenomai

Hi, I've rebuild kerrnel with your patch, and  latency run well.
20µs of worst latency in old X86, it's ok for me.

@ 2015-05-06  8:08     ` Gilles Chanteperdrix
From: Gilles Chanteperdrix @ 2015-05-06  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ACO31; +Cc: Xenomai

On Wed, May 06, 2015 at 10:02:38AM +0200, ACO31 wrote:
> I've looked in my mailbox, spam and trash but no patch found.
> could you re-send  it  please.
> sorry...

Please no top posting either.

I do not know how you can have missed the post, it is the first post
in the month of may which does not contain that many posts.

https://xenomai.org/pipermail/xenomai/2015-May/034142.html

--
					    Gilles.

* Re: [Xenomai] X86 rebbot when i use latency
@ 2015-05-06  8:02   ` ACO31
From: ACO31 @ 2015-05-06  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gilles Chanteperdrix; +Cc: Xenomai

--
Cordialement.

A.Cordat
Port: 06 04 04 17 69

* Re: [Xenomai] X86 rebbot when i use latency
@ 2015-05-06  7:10 ` Gilles Chanteperdrix
From: Gilles Chanteperdrix @ 2015-05-06  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ACO31; +Cc: Xenomai

@ 2015-05-06  6:38 ACO31
From: ACO31 @ 2015-05-06  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xenomai

HI,
I use no the patch about stack protection.
where can I found this patch?
Is it included in the Xenomai 3 rc4 (testing). I can use this RC if this is
more simple.
thanks

* Re: [Xenomai] X86 rebbot when i use latency
@ 2015-05-05 17:10 ` Gilles Chanteperdrix
From: Gilles Chanteperdrix @ 2015-05-05 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ACO31; +Cc: xenomai

On Tue, May 05, 2015 at 07:05:42PM +0200, ACO31 wrote:
> I don't use netconsole because I have the probleme with SMI.

I do not see why a problem with SMI has anything to do with
netconsole.

Are you sure your problem is not the problem that was reported (and
for which a patch was posted) about stack protector on x86 32 bits ?

--
					    Gilles.

* [Xenomai] X86 rebbot when i use latency
@ 2015-05-05 17:05 ACO31
From: ACO31 @ 2015-05-05 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Hi,
I've made the same thing with Raspberry, xenomai + minimal rootfs -> all is
Ok
On the "X86" board with rs232:
When I run xenomai kernel, no error occurs on dmesg, and idem on deported
terminal (it seem me). But when I run " latency", the host freezes
completely and no new message occurs in terminal.
I don't use netconsole because I have the probleme with SMI. but the kernel
command line is the same as the previous mail
thanks
alain

* [Xenomai] X86 rebbot when i use latency
@ 2015-04-21 13:36 ACO31
From: ACO31 @ 2015-04-21 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

HI,

In kernel conf, I have enabled oops feature and set 60s for panic on oops.
rebuild kernel and  after reboot on patched kernel, build xenomai binaries,
lib,...
But when I run: sudo  switchtest --help, the PC frezze without message.
But when I run (as root) latency -p 100 the pc reboot without timeout.
Other thing: in kernel conf, I don't find SMI workaround, in order to
enable SMI for USB mouse for example.
So I must use PS2 mouse in my test board, but this connector will no more
exist on the definitive board.
Thanks
alain