* "packagegroup-core-qt4e" broken?
@ 2015-05-22  6:44 Mike Looijmans
From: Mike Looijmans @ 2015-05-22  6:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-core

When building (just for having something on my display) "qt4e-demo-image", it
bailed out with the following error:

  * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for
packagegroup-core-qt4e:
  * 	qt4-embedded-plugin-phonon-backend-gstreamer *
  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package packagegroup-core-qt4e.

I guess this is related to all the gstreamer changes lately?

Kind regards,

Mike Looijmans
System Expert

TOPIC Embedded Products
Eindhovenseweg 32-C, NL-5683 KH Best
Postbus 440, NL-5680 AK Best
Telefoon: +31 (0) 499 33 69 79
Telefax: +31 (0) 499 33 69 70
E-mail: mike.looijmans@topicproducts.com
Website: www.topicproducts.com

* Re: "packagegroup-core-qt4e" broken?
@ 2015-05-22  8:38 ` Paul Eggleton
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2015-05-22  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Looijmans; +Cc: Alexander Kanavin, openembedded-core

Hi Mike,

On Friday 22 May 2015 08:44:42 Mike Looijmans wrote:
> When building (just for having something on my display) "qt4e-demo-image",
> it bailed out with the following error:
>
>   * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for
> packagegroup-core-qt4e:
>   * 	qt4-embedded-plugin-phonon-backend-gstreamer *
>   * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package packagegroup-core-qt4e.
>
> I guess this is related to all the gstreamer changes lately?

I've just sent a fix for this, thanks for the report.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton
Intel Open Source Technology Centre

* Re: "packagegroup-core-qt4e" broken?
@ 2015-05-22  8:56 ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2015-05-22  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Looijmans, Alexander Kanavin; +Cc: OE-core

On 22 May 2015 at 07:44, Mike Looijmans <mike.looijmans@topic.nl> wrote:

> When building (just for having something on my display) "qt4e-demo-image",
> it bailed out with the following error:
>
>  * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for
> packagegroup-core-qt4e:
>  *      qt4-embedded-plugin-phonon-backend-gstreamer *
>  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package packagegroup-core-qt4e.
>
> I guess this is related to all the gstreamer changes lately?

I wonder how did the world build I did *yesterday* worked? :/

Ross

* Re: "packagegroup-core-qt4e" broken?
@ 2015-05-22  9:17   ` Paul Eggleton
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2015-05-22  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: Mike Looijmans, Alexander Kanavin, openembedded-core

On Friday 22 May 2015 09:56:32 Burton, Ross wrote:
> On 22 May 2015 at 07:44, Mike Looijmans <mike.looijmans@topic.nl> wrote:
> > When building (just for having something on my display) "qt4e-demo-image",
> >
> > it bailed out with the following error:
> >  * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for
> >
> > packagegroup-core-qt4e:
> >  *      qt4-embedded-plugin-phonon-backend-gstreamer *
> >  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package packagegroup-core-qt4e.
> >
> > I guess this is related to all the gstreamer changes lately?
>
> I wonder how did the world build I did *yesterday* worked? :/

In order to see this you'd have to have actually installed this package into
an image, but then a world build ought to have included qt4e-demo-image which
should have included this, so I'm not sure either...

Cheers,
Paul

--

@ 2015-05-22  9:23     ` Paul Eggleton
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2015-05-22  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: Mike Looijmans, Alexander Kanavin, openembedded-core

On Friday 22 May 2015 10:17:14 Paul Eggleton wrote:
> On Friday 22 May 2015 09:56:32 Burton, Ross wrote:
> > On 22 May 2015 at 07:44, Mike Looijmans <mike.looijmans@topic.nl> wrote:
> > > When building (just for having something on my display)
> > > "qt4e-demo-image",
> > >
> > > it bailed out with the following error:
> > >  * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies
> > >  for
> > >
> > > packagegroup-core-qt4e:
> > >  *      qt4-embedded-plugin-phonon-backend-gstreamer *
> > >  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package packagegroup-core-qt4e.
> > >
> > > I guess this is related to all the gstreamer changes lately?
> >
> > I wonder how did the world build I did *yesterday* worked? :/
>
> In order to see this you'd have to have actually installed this package into
> an image, but then a world build ought to have included qt4e-demo-image
> which should have included this, so I'm not sure either...

Oh wait, all images are excluded from world builds by way of
EXCLUDE_FROM_WORLD = "1" in image.bbclass, I forgot about that. I guess
there's your explanation.

Cheers,
Paul

--

@ 2015-05-22 10:23   ` Mike Looijmans
From: Mike Looijmans @ 2015-05-22 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Eggleton; +Cc: Alexander Kanavin, openembedded-core

On 22-05-15 10:38, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> On Friday 22 May 2015 08:44:42 Mike Looijmans wrote:
>> When building (just for having something on my display) "qt4e-demo-image",
>> it bailed out with the following error:
>>
>>    * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for
>> packagegroup-core-qt4e:
>>    * 	qt4-embedded-plugin-phonon-backend-gstreamer *
>>    * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package packagegroup-core-qt4e.
>>
>> I guess this is related to all the gstreamer changes lately?
>
> I've just sent a fix for this, thanks for the report.
>
> Cheers,
> Paul

Strange thing was, after just manually removing that package line from the
packagegroup-core-qt4e recipe, do_rootfs kept failing with a checksum mismatch
on that package. I tried cleansstate and manually removing all traces of the
recipe, but that didn't help, it would rebuild the ipk and then still fail on
the checksum. Only removing 'tmp' finally got rid of this failure.

@ 2015-05-22 12:54     ` Paul Eggleton
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2015-05-22 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Looijmans, Paul Barker; +Cc: openembedded-core

On Friday 22 May 2015 12:23:18 Mike Looijmans wrote:
> On 22-05-15 10:38, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> > Hi Mike,
> >
> > On Friday 22 May 2015 08:44:42 Mike Looijmans wrote:
> >> When building (just for having something on my display)
> >> "qt4e-demo-image",
> >>
> >> it bailed out with the following error:
> >>    * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies
> >>    for
> >>
> >> packagegroup-core-qt4e:
> >>    * 	qt4-embedded-plugin-phonon-backend-gstreamer *
> >>    * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package packagegroup-core-qt4e.
> >>
> >> I guess this is related to all the gstreamer changes lately?
> >
> > I've just sent a fix for this, thanks for the report.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Paul
>
> Strange thing was, after just manually removing that package line from the
> packagegroup-core-qt4e recipe, do_rootfs kept failing with a checksum
> mismatch on that package. I tried cleansstate and manually removing all
> traces of the recipe, but that didn't help, it would rebuild the ipk and
> then still fail on the checksum. Only removing 'tmp' finally got rid of
> this failure.

To be honest I don't understand this issue but it seems to be going wrong for
some people lately. Paul is this something you know about?

Cheers,
Paul

--

@ 2015-05-22 17:07       ` Paul Barker