* barebox config file
@ 2015-06-14  6:02 Gyorgy Kovesdi
From: Gyorgy Kovesdi @ 2015-06-14  6:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

Hi,

I would like to use barebox and found that there is a built-in
"defconfig" file in the recipe "barebox_2013.08.0.bb".
AFAIK, it should be board-specific, so I suggest a variable (e.g.
"BAREBOX_CONFIG") to be used here, with different config file for
each boards.

Regards
György Kövesdi

* Re: barebox config file
@ 2015-06-15 10:50 ` Daiane Angolini
From: Daiane Angolini @ 2015-06-15 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gyorgy Kovesdi; +Cc: meta-freescale

On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 3:02 AM, Gyorgy Kovesdi <kgy@teledigit.eu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to use barebox and found that there is a built-in
> "defconfig" file in the recipe "barebox_2013.08.0.bb".
> AFAIK, it should be board-specific, so I suggest a variable (e.g.
> "BAREBOX_CONFIG") to be used here, with different config file for
> each boards.

I would prefer to have a directory with the board specific name.

However, 2014.08 is very old now, and I wonder which board is still
using it and why it is stuck in such old version (I really cannot
remember now)

Maybe would be better just drooping the recipe.

Daiane

> Regards
> György Kövesdi

* Re: barebox config file
@ 2015-06-15 12:43   ` Otavio Salvador
From: Otavio Salvador @ 2015-06-15 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daiane Angolini; +Cc: meta-freescale

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 7:50 AM, Daiane Angolini <daiane.list@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 3:02 AM, Gyorgy Kovesdi <kgy@teledigit.eu> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to use barebox and found that there is a built-in
>> "defconfig" file in the recipe "barebox_2013.08.0.bb".
>> AFAIK, it should be board-specific, so I suggest a variable (e.g.
>> "BAREBOX_CONFIG") to be used here, with different config file for
>> each boards.
>
> I would prefer to have a directory with the board specific name.
>
> However, 2014.08 is very old now, and I wonder which board is still
> using it and why it is stuck in such old version (I really cannot
> remember now)
>
> Maybe would be better just drooping the recipe.

Ideally barebox should be send for inclusion to OE-Core and we drop
the recipe in the BSP layer. Gyorgy, are you willing to do this work?
If yes, I can try to assist you in the process.

* Re: barebox config file
@ 2015-06-21 12:19     ` Gyorgy Kovesdi
From: Gyorgy Kovesdi @ 2015-06-21 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Otavio Salvador; +Cc: meta-freescale

Hi,

On Mon, 15 Jun 2015 09:43:53 -0300
Otavio Salvador <otavio@ossystems.com.br> wrote:
> Ideally barebox should be send for inclusion to OE-Core and we drop
> the recipe in the BSP layer. Gyorgy, are you willing to do this work?
> If yes, I can try to assist you in the process.
Now, barebox works for me perfectly.
Which layer do you want to use for barebox? If i send a patch, it's
better to send to correct target.

Regards
György Kövesdi

* Re: barebox config file
@ 2015-07-02 21:28       ` Otavio Salvador
From: Otavio Salvador @ 2015-07-02 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gyorgy Kovesdi; +Cc: meta-freescale

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply; I am working on the e-mail backlog ...

On Sun, Jun 21, 2015 at 9:19 AM, Gyorgy Kovesdi <kgy@teledigit.eu> wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Jun 2015 09:43:53 -0300
> Otavio Salvador <otavio@ossystems.com.br> wrote:
>> Ideally barebox should be send for inclusion to OE-Core and we drop
>> the recipe in the BSP layer. Gyorgy, are you willing to do this work?
>> If yes, I can try to assist you in the process.
> Now, barebox works for me perfectly.
> Which layer do you want to use for barebox? If i send a patch, it's
> better to send to correct target.

Ideally we should move this to OE-Core but this can be done in a
second step after we cleanup the recipe and update it to the most
recent release.