* Feature request: write out buffer to typescript on SIGTERM
@ 2015-07-27 22:40 Robert Urban
From: Robert Urban @ 2015-07-27 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: util-linux

Hello,

is there a good reason why script does not flush it's typescript buffer when it
gets a signal such as SIGTERM?

cheers,
Rob

* Re: Feature request: write out buffer to typescript on SIGTERM
@ 2015-07-28  8:39 ` Karel Zak
From: Karel Zak @ 2015-07-28  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Urban; +Cc: util-linux

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 12:40:48AM +0200, Robert Urban wrote:
> is there a good reason why script does not flush it's typescript buffer when it
> gets a signal such as SIGTERM?

Not sure if you're talking about the current script(1) in git tree
(it's a new version) or about the original version.

I have improved sensitivity to the SIG{TERM,INT,QUIT}, now it properly
terminates the session and close the files. Previously it called
abort() (the version in git).

    Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <kzak@redhat.com>
 http://karelzak.blogspot.com

* Re: Feature request: write out buffer to typescript on SIGTERM
@ 2015-07-28 19:37   ` Robert Urban
From: Robert Urban @ 2015-07-28 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karel Zak; +Cc: util-linux

Um, I cloned git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/util-linux/util-linux.git
yesterday, built it, and tested it. If I send it SIGTERM, it prints "Terminated"
and disappears. The typescript file is empty.

Or do you mean something else?

Rob

@ 2015-07-28 23:49     ` Karel Zak
From: Karel Zak @ 2015-07-28 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Urban; +Cc: util-linux

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 09:37:37PM +0200, Robert Urban wrote:
> Um, I cloned git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/util-linux/util-linux.git
> yesterday, built it, and tested it. If I send it SIGTERM, it prints "Terminated"
> and disappears. The typescript file is empty.

Try it again :-)
--
 Karel Zak  <kzak@redhat.com>
 http://karelzak.blogspot.com

* Re: Feature request: write out buffer to typescript on SIGTERM
@ 2015-07-29  0:02       ` Robert Urban
From: Robert Urban @ 2015-07-29  0:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karel Zak; +Cc: util-linux

Hi Karel,

On 07/29/2015 01:49 AM, Karel Zak wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 09:37:37PM +0200, Robert Urban wrote:
>> Um, I cloned git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/util-linux/util-linux.git
>> yesterday, built it, and tested it. If I send it SIGTERM, it prints "Terminated"
>> and disappears. The typescript file is empty.
> Try it again :-)
wow! Thank you very much. That was the fastest response I've ever seen from anyone.

cheers,
Rob