* [meta-raspberrypi] userland
@ 2015-08-07  5:57 Herve Jourdain
From: Herve Jourdain @ 2015-08-07  5:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Currently, userland_git.bb PROVIDES virtual/egl and virtual/libgles2.

But "userland" seems to provide many additional components: mmal, vcos,
openmaxil, vchiq_arm, bcm_host, WFC, OpenVG

Wouldn't it make sense to add additional PROVIDES to handle those as well?

I'm thinking about openmaxil, for instance.

Right now for instance, I get it by adding a DEPEND userland to a .bbappend,
but I'm considering adding maybe a virtual/openmaxil to userland_git.bb.

Does it make sense? Any suggestion about that?

Best regards,

Herve

* Re: [meta-raspberrypi] userland
@ 2015-08-07  6:14 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2015-08-07  6:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Herve Jourdain; +Cc: yocto

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 10:57 PM, Herve Jourdain <herve.jourdain@neuf.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Currently, userland_git.bb PROVIDES virtual/egl and virtual/libgles2.
>
> But “userland” seems to provide many additional components: mmal, vcos,
> openmaxil, vchiq_arm, bcm_host, WFC, OpenVG
>

> Wouldn’t it make sense to add additional PROVIDES to handle those as well?

if they are implementation of generic components then sure. openvg and
openmax might be one of them but if no one
is depending on them why bother ?

@ 2015-08-07  7:50   ` Herve Jourdain
From: Herve Jourdain @ 2015-08-07  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Khem Raj'; +Cc: yocto

Hi Khem,

Actually, in the case of raspberrypi, the implementation of gstreamer1.0-omx could depend on openmax provided by userland, instead of libomxil by default.
That's one example on the top of my head.
I don't personally use openvg, but I guess it might also be useful, although I have no first hand example for that one.

Best regards,

Herve

@ 2015-08-09 23:11   ` Andrei Gherzan
From: Andrei Gherzan @ 2015-08-09 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: yocto

On Thu, Aug 06, 2015 at 11:14:55PM -0700, Khem Raj wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 10:57 PM, Herve Jourdain <herve.jourdain@neuf.fr> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> > Currently, userland_git.bb PROVIDES virtual/egl and virtual/libgles2.
> >
> > But “userland” seems to provide many additional components: mmal, vcos,
> > openmaxil, vchiq_arm, bcm_host, WFC, OpenVG
> >

> > Wouldn’t it make sense to add additional PROVIDES to handle those as well?
>

> if they are implementation of generic components then sure. openvg and
> openmax might be one of them but if no one
> is depending on them why bother ?

I think is the same for openmax as well. And I know that there are components
that depend on this - Herve already stated them/it. So I would go for the
vitual provider apprach for openmax too.

> > I’m thinking about openmaxil, for instance.
> >
> > Right now for instance, I get it by adding a DEPEND userland to a .bbappend,
> > but I’m considering adding maybe a virtual/openmaxil to userland_git.bb.
> >

> > Does it make sense? Any suggestion about that?
> >

> > Best regards,
> >

> > Herve
> >

> > --

Andrei Gherzan