From: Viresh Kumar <viresh.kumar@linaro.org>
To: vichy <vichy.kuo@gmail.com>
Cc: "cpufreq@vger.kernel.org" <cpufreq@vger.kernel.org>,
	"linux-arm-kernel@lists.infradead.org"
	<linux-arm-kernel@lists.infradead.org>,
	Linux PM list <linux-pm@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: about system time incorrect after changing cpu frequency
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 13:12:05 +0530	[thread overview]

On 01-09-15, 15:21, vichy wrote:
> and I add  PLAT_gt_change_freq in arm_global_timer.c like below:
>  PLAT_gt_change_freq calling() {
>     gt_clk_rate = get_periph_clk();
>     clockevents_update_freq(this_cpu_ptr(gt_evt), gt_clk_rate);

In earlier versions of kernel, this had a problem that it works only
for ONESHOT mode and simply returns in PERIODIC mode. I do see that
your's mode is ONESHOT only, and so it should have worked.

Anyway, few prints into that routine to see where we are reaching
might help.

>     __clocksource_updatefreq_hz(&gt_clocksource, gt_clk_rate);

AFAIR, there is a difference between how different mdelay/udelay are
implemented. One of them is using the loops_per_jiffie variable to
calculate the time, other uses clkevt device. I am not 100% sure about
the theory, but that's what I remember. So, have a look from that
perspective as well..

--
viresh

From: viresh.kumar@linaro.org (Viresh Kumar)