* Correct property to use for wake up support on rotary encoders
@ 2015-10-12 16:09 Sylvain Rochet
From: Sylvain Rochet @ 2015-10-12 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: devicetree; +Cc: linux-input, Daniel Mack, Johan Hovold, Dmitry Torokhov

Hi,

Several month ago I proposed a patch[1][2] to add wake up support to
rotary encoders[3].

Among all the properties currently used in Linux kernels device trees,
we have three recognisable patterns for wake up support:
 - driver-name,wakeup
 - linux,wakeup
 - wakeup-source

We don't know which one to use, could you tell which one we should use
for GPIO rotary encoders ?

Thank you very much :-)

Cheers,
Sylvain

[1] http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.input/41243
[2] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/439240/
[3] https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/input/rotary-encoder.txt

* Re: Correct property to use for wake up support on rotary encoders
@ 2015-10-12 16:29 ` Dmitry Torokhov
From: Dmitry Torokhov @ 2015-10-12 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sylvain Rochet; +Cc: devicetree, linux-input, Daniel Mack, Johan Hovold

Hi Sylvain,

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 9:09 AM, Sylvain Rochet
<sylvain.rochet@finsecur.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Several month ago I proposed a patch[1][2] to add wake up support to
> rotary encoders[3].
>
> Among all the properties currently used in Linux kernels device trees,
> we have three recognisable patterns for wake up support:
>  - driver-name,wakeup
>  - linux,wakeup
>  - wakeup-source
>
> We don't know which one to use, could you tell which one we should use
> for GPIO rotary encoders ?

Please use "wakeup-source", we've been trying to standardize on it.

--
Dmitry

* Re: Correct property to use for wake up support on rotary encoders
@ 2015-10-12 16:42   ` Sylvain Rochet
From: Sylvain Rochet @ 2015-10-12 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dmitry Torokhov; +Cc: devicetree, linux-input, Daniel Mack, Johan Hovold

Hi Dmitry,

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 09:29:16AM -0700, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 9:09 AM, Sylvain Rochet
> <sylvain.rochet@finsecur.com> wrote:
> >
> > Several month ago I proposed a patch[1][2] to add wake up support to
> > rotary encoders[3].
> >
> > Among all the properties currently used in Linux kernels device trees,
> > we have three recognisable patterns for wake up support:
> >  - driver-name,wakeup
> >  - linux,wakeup
> >  - wakeup-source
> >
> > We don't know which one to use, could you tell which one we should use
> > for GPIO rotary encoders ?
>
> Please use "wakeup-source", we've been trying to standardize on it.

Thank you Dmitry for this fast answer. I will respin shortly then.

Sylvain