* New setools3 release
@ 2015-12-07 22:02 Laurent Bigonville
From: Laurent Bigonville @ 2015-12-07 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: selinux

Hi,

Are there any plans to do a new setools3 release?

The current version is not building with the userspace 2.4 so I was
wondering if somebody could roll a new release? Otherwise I'll take a
snapshot of the git repository.

Cheers,

Laurent Bigonville

* Re: New setools3 release
@ 2015-12-08 10:44 ` Jason Zaman
From: Jason Zaman @ 2015-12-08 10:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurent Bigonville; +Cc: selinux

On Mon, Dec 07, 2015 at 11:02:27PM +0100, Laurent Bigonville wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are there any plans to do a new setools3 release?
>
> The current version is not building with the userspace 2.4 so I was
> wondering if somebody could roll a new release? Otherwise I'll take a
> snapshot of the git repository.

Last I checked there was not going to be any new release since all the
efforts are being put into setools4.

I have a few extra patches that you might want as well. Mainly getting
things working with newer automake and some python3 stuff. This is what
the latest version in gentoo is based off.
https://github.com/perfinion/setools3/tree/gentoo-patches

-- Jason

* Re: New setools3 release
@ 2015-12-08 13:20   ` Christopher J. PeBenito
From: Christopher J. PeBenito @ 2015-12-08 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Zaman, Laurent Bigonville; +Cc: selinux

On 12/8/2015 5:44 AM, Jason Zaman wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 07, 2015 at 11:02:27PM +0100, Laurent Bigonville wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Are there any plans to do a new setools3 release?
>>
>> The current version is not building with the userspace 2.4 so I was
>> wondering if somebody could roll a new release? Otherwise I'll take a
>> snapshot of the git repository.
>
> Last I checked there was not going to be any new release since all the
> efforts are being put into setools4.

Correct, the focus is on setools4.  We'll still take fixes for setools3.
 There may be a final setools3 release (if useful) about the same time
setools 4.0.0 final, otherwise no other releases are planned.

--
Chris PeBenito
Tresys Technology, LLC