* Pointers to Btrfs Testplan/Testcases
@ 2016-01-30  8:25 Lakshmipathi.G
From: Lakshmipathi.G @ 2016-01-30  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: btrfs

Hi,

I'm preparing/consolidating Btrfs testplan. Other than the testscripts available under
btrfs-progs/tests repo (found https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_btrfs
but its mainly for Installation) any pointers to wiki/testopia etc which
will provide more details on it? thanks!

Cheers,
Lakshmipathi.G

* Re: Pointers to Btrfs Testplan/Testcases
@ 2016-02-01  9:57 Lakshmipathi.G
From: Lakshmipathi.G @ 2016-02-01  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Duncan

I didn't know that xfstests covers more than xfs. Will look into their
repo for btrfs specific cases. thanks for the response.

@ 2016-01-30 13:30 ` Duncan
From: Duncan @ 2016-01-30 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Lakshmipathi.G posted on Sat, 30 Jan 2016 09:46:48 +0100 as excerpted:

> I'm preparing/consolidating Btrfs testplan. Other than the testscripts
> available under btrfs-progs/tests repo (found
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_btrfs but its mainly for
> Installation) any pointers to wiki/testopia etc which will provide more
> details on it? I would like to avoid duplicate efforts. thanks.

As you suggest, the btrfs-progs tests are primarily to verify userspace
functionality after build; they aren't really designed for the more
general case.  For that, btrfs, along with ext4 and of course xfs, now
use xfstests, which isn't just for xfs any more.  In addition to the
general filesystem functionality tests, xfstests contains a full suite of
btrfs-specific tests for btrfs-specific functionality, and patches to
xfstests to catch new btrfs regressions should they occur again are not
only routinely seen on this list, but are often actively requested, if
not originally posted along with the patches fixing whatever btrfs bugs.
If you search the list archive on xfstests you'll see many examples.

* Pointers to Btrfs Testplan/Testcases
@ 2016-01-30  8:46 Lakshmipathi.G
From: Lakshmipathi.G @ 2016-01-30  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: btrfs

Hi,

I'm preparing/consolidating Btrfs testplan. Other than the testscripts available under
btrfs-progs/tests repo (found https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_btrfs
but its mainly for Installation) any pointers to wiki/testopia etc which
will provide more details on it? I would like to avoid duplicate efforts. thanks.

Cheers,
Lakshmipathi.G