* [Buildroot] buildroot for pine64
@ 2016-04-11 15:02 Jan Viktorin
From: Jan Viktorin @ 2016-04-11 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,

I've just received my new Pine64 board and tried to integrate it into
the Buildroot. Howver, there is a catch. The system boots in 32-bit
mode so it requires to build the U-Boot by a 32-bit toolchain.

How to accomplish this with Buildroot? I am afraid, this is not
possible at the moment with a single BR defconfig file. Are
there more such boards? Is it a known issue?

Regards
Jan

--
   Jan Viktorin                  E-mail: Viktorin at RehiveTech.com
   System Architect              Web:    www.RehiveTech.com

* [Buildroot] buildroot for pine64
@ 2016-04-22 19:36 ` Peter Korsgaard
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2016-04-22 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

 > Hello,
 > I've just received my new Pine64 board and tried to integrate it into
 > the Buildroot. Howver, there is a catch. The system boots in 32-bit
 > mode so it requires to build the U-Boot by a 32-bit toolchain.

Yeah, the a64 boot sequence seems to be quite creative ;)

 > How to accomplish this with Buildroot? I am afraid, this is not
 > possible at the moment with a single BR defconfig file. Are
 > there more such boards? Is it a known issue?

There's unfortunately not really any good way of handling this :/
Perhaps the best is to simply not build u-boot in the pine64 defconfig
(and perhaps add a pine64_uboot_defconfig if it isn't easily available
from somewhere else).

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard