* [LTP] question about running input testcase
@ 2016-04-13  7:05 Xiao Yang
From: Xiao Yang @ 2016-04-13  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

Hi Cedric!

When we run input04 on RHEL 5.11GA and 6.7GA, it still fails. It gives
error message like this:

input04 0 TINFO : Found uinput dev at /dev/uinput
input04 0 TINFO : Unexpected ev type=0 code=0 value=0
input04 1 TFAIL : input04.c:65: Data received /dev/inputX

I think that this failure is because kernel sends empty events. i.e
If we only send EV_SYN to input device, nothing should be received in
/dev/input/eventX.
Actually, data is received in /dev/input/eventX. This investigation
shows that it may be
improved by following patch: 'commit 4369c64c79a2 ("Input: Send events
one packet at a time")'.

Could tell me the real reason for the case failure. I'm just not
familiar enough with the code.

Regards,
Xiao Yang

* [LTP] question about running input testcase
@ 2016-04-13  9:40 ` Cyril Hrubis
From: Cyril Hrubis @ 2016-04-13  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

Hi!
I'm afraid that cedric@suse.com no longer works as Cedric was here only
for his internship. I can try to ask our kernel developers that he
worked on these testcases with though.

--
Cyril Hrubis
chrubis@suse.cz

* [LTP] question about running input testcase
@ 2016-04-14  1:42   ` Xiao Yang
From: Xiao Yang @ 2016-04-14  1:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

> Hi!
> I'm afraid that cedric@suse.com no longer works as Cedric was here only
> for his internship. I can try to ask our kernel developers that he
> worked on these testcases with though.

Thanks.
I want to know the part of kernel resulting in the testcase failure.

Xiao Yang

* [LTP] question about running input testcase
@ 2016-04-15 10:02   ` Xiao Yang
From: Xiao Yang @ 2016-04-15 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

Hi Cyril

to 2016/04/13 17:40, Cyril Hrubis wrote:
> Hi!
> I'm afraid that cedric@suse.com no longer works as Cedric was here only
> for his internship. I can try to ask our kernel developers that he
> worked on these testcases with though.

I have runned these test cases in RHEL5.11GA and RHEL6.8Beta.
When above patch is not applied, input/04 and input/05 failed with the following messages.
[root@linux6 input]# ./input04
input04     0  TINFO  :  Found uinput dev at /dev/uinput
input04     0  TINFO  :  Unexpected ev type=0 code=0 value=0
input04     1  TFAIL  :  input04.c:65: Data received /dev/inputX
[root@linux6 input]# ./input05
input05     0  TINFO  :  Found uinput dev at /dev/uinput
input05     0  TINFO  :  Unexpected ev type=0 code=0 value=0
input05     1  TFAIL  :  input05.c:69: Data received in eventX

When above patch is applied, input/04 and input/05 passed with the following messages.
[root@linux6 input]# ./input04
input04     0  TINFO  :  Found uinput dev at /dev/uinput
input04     1  TPASS  :  No data received in /dev/inputX
[root@linux6 input]# ./input05
input05     0  TINFO  :  Found uinput dev at /dev/uinput
input05     1  TPASS  :  No data received in eventX

So, i think the above patch fixes this bug.

Regards,
Xiao Yang

* [LTP] question about running input testcase
@ 2016-05-26  8:54     ` Xiao Yang
From: Xiao Yang @ 2016-05-26  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

Hi cyril

Sorry to inerrupt you.
Is this given patch associated with this input failure? Do you have some
solution to fix this input failure?

Please advise. Thanks very much.

Regards,
Xiao Yang

* [LTP] question about running input testcase
@ 2016-06-07 12:58       ` Cyril Hrubis
From: Cyril Hrubis @ 2016-06-07 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

Hi!
> Sorry to inerrupt you.

Thanks for the ping.

I will try to figure out something, please stay tuned.

--
Cyril Hrubis
chrubis@suse.cz