* meta-oe krogoth release
@ 2016-05-05 17:19 Denys Dmytriyenko
From: Denys Dmytriyenko @ 2016-05-05 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Armin, et al,

What's the deal with meta-oe branching into krogoth way too early (April 12th
pretty much) and missing on many updates and fixes that went in to master last
couple of weeks (delayed due to Martin's well deserved absence at the time)
before the actual release of OE-Core last Thursday? I was hoping there would
be a global merge/rebase from master to krogoth at the time of release, but it
doesn't seem to be the case. It would be a shame if those were missed from
krogoth... Are there any plans to pick them up?

--
Denys

* Re: meta-oe krogoth release
@ 2016-05-05 17:28 ` Denys Dmytriyenko
From: Denys Dmytriyenko @ 2016-05-05 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Thu, May 05, 2016 at 01:19:32PM -0400, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:
> Armin, et al,
>
> What's the deal with meta-oe branching into krogoth way too early (April 12th
> pretty much) and missing on many updates and fixes that went in to master last
> couple of weeks (delayed due to Martin's well deserved absence at the time)
> before the actual release of OE-Core last Thursday? I was hoping there would
> be a global merge/rebase from master to krogoth at the time of release, but it
> doesn't seem to be the case. It would be a shame if those were missed from
> krogoth... Are there any plans to pick them up?

BTW, I do see your past pull request "attempts" (May 2, April 28) on the list,
but they don't seem to be pushed. I guess I should re-phrase my question - do
you plan to push the latest pull request and what is the ETA? Thanks!

--
Denys

* Re: meta-oe krogoth release
@ 2016-05-05 18:04   ` akuster808
From: akuster808 @ 2016-05-05 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On 05/05/2016 10:28 AM, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:
> On Thu, May 05, 2016 at 01:19:32PM -0400, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:
>> Armin, et al,
>>
>> What's the deal with meta-oe branching into krogoth way too early (April 12th
>> pretty much) and missing on many updates and fixes that went in to master last
>> couple of weeks (delayed due to Martin's well deserved absence at the time)
>> before the actual release of OE-Core last Thursday? I was hoping there would
>> be a global merge/rebase from master to krogoth at the time of release, but it
>> doesn't seem to be the case. It would be a shame if those were missed from
>> krogoth... Are there any plans to pick them up?
>
> BTW, I do see your past pull request "attempts" (May 2, April 28) on the list,
> but they don't seem to be pushed. I guess I should re-phrase my question - do
> you plan to push the latest pull request and what is the ETA? Thanks!

That is up to Martin. I don't have write access.

- armin

* Re: meta-oe krogoth release
@ 2016-05-05 18:25   ` Martin Jansa
From: Martin Jansa @ 2016-05-05 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Thu, May 05, 2016 at 01:28:44PM -0400, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:
> On Thu, May 05, 2016 at 01:19:32PM -0400, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:
> > Armin, et al,
> >
> > What's the deal with meta-oe branching into krogoth way too early (April 12th
> > pretty much) and missing on many updates and fixes that went in to master last
> > couple of weeks (delayed due to Martin's well deserved absence at the time)
> > before the actual release of OE-Core last Thursday? I was hoping there would
> > be a global merge/rebase from master to krogoth at the time of release, but it
> > doesn't seem to be the case. It would be a shame if those were missed from
> > krogoth... Are there any plans to pick them up?
>
> BTW, I do see your past pull request "attempts" (May 2, April 28) on the list,
> but they don't seem to be pushed. I guess I should re-phrase my question - do
> you plan to push the latest pull request and what is the ETA? Thanks!

They were already pushed to krogoth-next and will be merged to krogoth
soon. Please test it and send ACKs.

--
Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa@gmail.com

* Re: meta-oe krogoth release
@ 2016-05-05 18:48     ` Denys Dmytriyenko
From: Denys Dmytriyenko @ 2016-05-05 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Thu, May 05, 2016 at 11:04:17AM -0700, akuster808 wrote:

> On 05/05/2016 10:28 AM, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:
> > On Thu, May 05, 2016 at 01:19:32PM -0400, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:
> >> Armin, et al,
> >>
> >> What's the deal with meta-oe branching into krogoth way too early (April 12th
> >> pretty much) and missing on many updates and fixes that went in to master last
> >> couple of weeks (delayed due to Martin's well deserved absence at the time)
> >> before the actual release of OE-Core last Thursday? I was hoping there would
> >> be a global merge/rebase from master to krogoth at the time of release, but it
> >> doesn't seem to be the case. It would be a shame if those were missed from
> >> krogoth... Are there any plans to pick them up?
> >
> > BTW, I do see your past pull request "attempts" (May 2, April 28) on the list,
> > but they don't seem to be pushed. I guess I should re-phrase my question - do
> > you plan to push the latest pull request and what is the ETA? Thanks!
>
> That is up to Martin. I don't have write access.

Oops, didn't know that. That would explain the delay then. Sorry for the noise.

From: Denys Dmytriyenko @ 2016-05-05 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Thu, May 05, 2016 at 08:25:12PM +0200, Martin Jansa wrote:
> On Thu, May 05, 2016 at 01:28:44PM -0400, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:
> > On Thu, May 05, 2016 at 01:19:32PM -0400, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:
> > > Armin, et al,
> > >
> > > What's the deal with meta-oe branching into krogoth way too early (April 12th
> > > pretty much) and missing on many updates and fixes that went in to master last
> > > couple of weeks (delayed due to Martin's well deserved absence at the time)
> > > before the actual release of OE-Core last Thursday? I was hoping there would
> > > be a global merge/rebase from master to krogoth at the time of release, but it
> > > doesn't seem to be the case. It would be a shame if those were missed from
> > > krogoth... Are there any plans to pick them up?
> >
> > BTW, I do see your past pull request "attempts" (May 2, April 28) on the list,
> > but they don't seem to be pushed. I guess I should re-phrase my question - do
> > you plan to push the latest pull request and what is the ETA? Thanks!
>
> They were already pushed to krogoth-next and will be merged to krogoth
> soon. Please test it and send ACKs.

Ok, I'll give it a shot then. Thanks!

--
Denys

* Re: meta-oe krogoth release
@ 2016-05-06  1:05       ` Denys Dmytriyenko
From: Denys Dmytriyenko @ 2016-05-06  1:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Thu, May 05, 2016 at 02:48:36PM -0400, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:
> On Thu, May 05, 2016 at 08:25:12PM +0200, Martin Jansa wrote:

> > > BTW, I do see your past pull request "attempts" (May 2, April 28) on the list,
> > > but they don't seem to be pushed. I guess I should re-phrase my question - do
> > > you plan to push the latest pull request and what is the ETA? Thanks!
> >
> > They were already pushed to krogoth-next and will be merged to krogoth
> > soon. Please test it and send ACKs.
>
> Ok, I'll give it a shot then. Thanks!

Made several builds for TI platforms and everything seems to be working fine.

--
Denys