* wifi driver crashes openwrt device
@ 2016-05-10 15:17 andy
From: andy @ 2016-05-10 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

hello, every body.
  I developed an openwrt device based on git clone
git://git.openwrt.org/15.05/openwrt.git.
  I found that my device rebooted during wifi initializing sometimes, maybe
one in twenty.
  The wifi driver is compat-wireless-2016-01-10.tar.bz2.
  Could somebody give some hint or help me to resolve this wired issue?
  Thank you very much.

* Re: wifi driver crashes openwrt device
@ 2016-05-15 17:47 ` Bob Copeland
From: Bob Copeland @ 2016-05-15 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: andy; +Cc: linux-wireless

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 03:17:25PM +0000, andy wrote:
> hello, every body.
>   I developed an openwrt device based on git clone
> git://git.openwrt.org/15.05/openwrt.git.
>   I found that my device rebooted during wifi initializing sometimes, maybe
> one in twenty.
>   The wifi driver is compat-wireless-2016-01-10.tar.bz2.
>   Could somebody give some hint or help me to resolve this wired issue?
>   Thank you very much.

Hi Andy,

You will probably need to capture a stack trace from the device in order
for someone to be able to help, otherwise we can only guess.  A serial
console can help with that.

--
Bob Copeland %% http://bobcopeland.com/

* Re: wifi driver crashes openwrt device
@ 2016-05-16 11:46   ` Kalle Valo
From: Kalle Valo @ 2016-05-16 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bob Copeland; +Cc: andy, linux-wireless

Bob Copeland <me@bobcopeland.com> writes:

> On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 03:17:25PM +0000, andy wrote:
>> hello, every body.
>>   I developed an openwrt device based on git clone
>> git://git.openwrt.org/15.05/openwrt.git.
>>   I found that my device rebooted during wifi initializing sometimes, maybe
>> one in twenty.
>>   The wifi driver is compat-wireless-2016-01-10.tar.bz2.
>>   Could somebody give some hint or help me to resolve this wired issue?
>>   Thank you very much.
>
> Hi Andy,
>
> You will probably need to capture a stack trace from the device in order
> for someone to be able to help, otherwise we can only guess.  A serial
> console can help with that.

Didn't openwrt have a some sort ramoops facility to collect the last
kernel logs before a crash? I don't recall the name right now but I'm
pretty sure I used it with one of our APs few years back. That might
help (or not).

--
Kalle Valo

* Re: wifi driver crashes openwrt device
@ 2016-05-18  9:27     ` Sven Eckelmann
From: Sven Eckelmann @ 2016-05-18  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kalle Valo; +Cc: Bob Copeland, andy, linux-wireless