From: Pavel Machek <pavel@ucw.cz>
To: pali.rohar@gmail.com, sre@kernel.org,
	kernel list <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>,
	linux-arm-kernel <linux-arm-kernel@lists.infradead.org>,
	linux-omap@vger.kernel.org, tony@atomide.com, khilman@kernel.org,
	aaro.koskinen@iki.fi, ivo.g.dimitrov.75@gmail.com,
	patrikbachan@gmail.com, serge@hallyn.com
Subject: Can not play audio with screen off
Date: Sun, 15 May 2016 21:31:06 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi!

I'm playing some more with N900, this time I'd like to use it as a
alarm clock...

And now I realized I can not, because system performance is so
horrible with screen off that mpg123 + pulseaudio skips horribly. This
is without tweaking serial parameters, so CPU is definitely not going
into the idle/off modes.

Hmm. And it seems to work better if I ssh in and launch mpg123
remotely. Weird.

Kernel 4.5-rc0. Will try on different ones.

Any ideas? Is there interface to tell kernel that better performance
is needed for a while?

Thanks,

									Pavel