* [U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2016.07-rc2 released
@ 2016-06-20 15:26 Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2016-06-20 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hey all,

It's release day and v2016.07-rc2 is out and on time.  I expect to do
-rc3 in another two weeks.  I've updated git and the tarballs are also
up now.

We've gotten a number of PRs in with the sort of changes that should go
in, in.  Going forward now changes really should be of the bug fix
variety.  Or Kconfig changes since we now have a test for tbot to
confirm migration doesn't change the outputs (thanks Heiko!), I'm happy
to see patches to migrate things where people have confirmed
moveconfig.py does the right thing and verified their changes.  I'm even
OK running the moveconfig.py part myself.

To me, the big highlight here is that AUTOBOOT has moved to Kconfig and
while this exposed some problems, it also got tools improved and the
overall process made better.  I do wish it wasn't so bumpy, but I think
we've got it all in hand now. Thanks all!

--
Tom
* [U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2016.07-rc2 released
@ 2016-06-20 15:34 ` Hans de Goede
From: Hans de Goede @ 2016-06-20 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

On 20-06-16 17:26, Tom Rini wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> It's release day and v2016.07-rc2 is out and on time.  I expect to do
> -rc3 in another two weeks.  I've updated git and the tarballs are also
> up now.
>
> We've gotten a number of PRs in with the sort of changes that should go
> in, in.  Going forward now changes really should be of the bug fix
> variety.

Ok, so where do you stand on the conversion of the sunxi psci code
from asm to c now? 2 weeks back you said it would be fine to put
this in the v2016.07 cycle and then the BOOT_DELAY changes happened
and I was waiting for those to get fixed before submitting a new pull-req.

Note I'm fine with doing things either way.

Regards,

Hans

* [U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2016.07-rc2 released
@ 2016-06-20 15:38   ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2016-06-20 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 05:34:05PM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 20-06-16 17:26, Tom Rini wrote:
> >Hey all,
> >
> >It's release day and v2016.07-rc2 is out and on time.  I expect to do
> >-rc3 in another two weeks.  I've updated git and the tarballs are also
> >up now.
> >
> >We've gotten a number of PRs in with the sort of changes that should go
> >in, in.  Going forward now changes really should be of the bug fix
> >variety.
>
> Ok, so where do you stand on the conversion of the sunxi psci code
> from asm to c now? 2 weeks back you said it would be fine to put
> this in the v2016.07 cycle and then the BOOT_DELAY changes happened
> and I was waiting for those to get fixed before submitting a new pull-req.

Sorry, that and some vacation ate up my time.  Please send a PR with the
changes and I'll take it, thanks!

--
Tom
* [U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2016.07-rc2 released
@ 2016-06-20 18:49 ` Peter Robinson
From: Peter Robinson @ 2016-06-20 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

> It's release day and v2016.07-rc2 is out and on time.  I expect to do
> -rc3 in another two weeks.  I've updated git and the tarballs are also
> up now.

I might be blind but I don't see a tarball here :) ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/u-boot/

@ 2016-06-21  1:29   ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2016-06-21  1:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 07:49:30PM +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
> > It's release day and v2016.07-rc2 is out and on time.  I expect to do
> > -rc3 in another two weeks.  I've updated git and the tarballs are also
> > up now.
>
> I might be blind but I don't see a tarball here :) ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/u-boot/

You're not blind, I just skimmed that too quickly at the airport this
morning and I'm bad and edit my old release emails :)

--
Tom