* [GIT PULL 1/2] Btrfs
@ 2016-06-25 13:13 Chris Mason
From: Chris Mason @ 2016-06-25 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds, LKML, linux-btrfs

Hi Linus,

I have a two part pull this time because one of the patches Dave Sterba
collected needed to be against v4.7-rc2 or higher (we used rc4).  I try
to make my for-linus-xx branch testable on top of the last major
so we can hand fixes to people on the list more easily, so I've split
this pull in two.

My for-linus-4.7 branch has some fixes and two performance improvements
that we've been testing for some time.

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mason/linux-btrfs.git for-linus-4.7

Josef's two performance fixes are most notable.  The transid tracking
patch makes a big improvement on pretty much every workload.

Josef Bacik (2) commits (+38/-27):
    Btrfs: don't do nocow check unless we have to (+22/-22)
    Btrfs: track transid for delayed ref flushing (+16/-5)

Liu Bo (1) commits (+11/-2):
    Btrfs: fix error handling in map_private_extent_buffer

Chris Mason (1) commits (+11/-9):
    btrfs: fix deadlock in delayed_ref_async_start

Wei Yongjun (1) commits (+1/-1):
    Btrfs: fix error return code in btrfs_init_test_fs()

Chandan Rajendra (1) commits (+4/-6):
    Btrfs: Force stripesize to the value of sectorsize

Wang Xiaoguang (1) commits (+2/-1):
    btrfs: fix disk_i_size update bug when fallocate() fails

Total: (7) commits (+67/-46)

 fs/btrfs/ctree.c             |  6 +++++-
 fs/btrfs/ctree.h             |  2 +-
 fs/btrfs/disk-io.c           |  6 ++----
 fs/btrfs/extent-tree.c       | 15 +++++++++++++--
 fs/btrfs/extent_io.c         |  7 ++++++-
 fs/btrfs/file.c              | 44 ++++++++++++++++++++++----------------------
 fs/btrfs/inode.c             |  1 +
 fs/btrfs/ordered-data.c      |  3 ++-
 fs/btrfs/tests/btrfs-tests.c |  2 +-
 fs/btrfs/transaction.c       |  3 ++-
 fs/btrfs/volumes.c           |  4 ++--

* [GIT PULL 2/2] Btrfs
@ 2016-06-25 13:42 ` Chris Mason
From: Chris Mason @ 2016-06-25 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds, LKML, linux-btrfs

Hi Linus,

Btrfs part two was supposed to be a single patch on part of v4.7-rc4.
Somehow I didn't notice that my part2 branch repeated a few of the
patches in part 1 when I set it up earlier this week.  Cherry-picking
gone wrong as I folded a fix into Dave Sterba's original integration.

I've been testing the git-merged result of part1, part2 and your
master for a while, but I just rebased part2 so it didn't include
any duplicates.  I ran git diff to verify the merged result of
today's pull is exactly the same as the one I've been testing.

My for-linus-4.7-part2 branch:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mason/linux-btrfs.git for-linus-4.7-part2

Has one patch from Omar to bring iterate_shared back to btrfs.  We have
a tree of work we queue up for directory items and it doesn't
lend itself well to shared access.  While we're cleaning it up, Omar
has changed things to use an exclusive lock when there are delayed
items.

Omar Sandoval (1) commits (+34/-13):
    Btrfs: fix ->iterate_shared() by upgrading i_rwsem for delayed nodes

Total: (1) commits (+34/-13)

 fs/btrfs/delayed-inode.c | 27 ++++++++++++++++++++++-----
 fs/btrfs/delayed-inode.h | 10 ++++++----
 fs/btrfs/inode.c         | 10 ++++++----