* [U-Boot] Stepping down as sunxi u-boot custodian
@ 2016-07-04 12:57 Hans de Goede
From: Hans de Goede @ 2016-07-04 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi All,

Between my $dayjob, linux-sunxi, other foss projects and last but
not least spending time with my wife and children I'm way too
busy lately.

So I've decided to seriously scale back my involvement in
linux-sunxi, as such I'm going to step down as u-boot sunxi
custodian.

I've asked Ian if he wanted to pick things up, but he is too
busy too.

So now the sunxi u-boot support is looking for a new custodian,
any takers ?

Regards,

Hans

* [U-Boot] Stepping down as sunxi u-boot custodian
@ 2016-07-15  8:45 ` Hans de Goede
From: Hans de Goede @ 2016-07-15  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

On 04-07-16 14:57, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Between my $dayjob, linux-sunxi, other foss projects and last but
> not least spending time with my wife and children I'm way too
> busy lately.
>
> So I've decided to seriously scale back my involvement in
> linux-sunxi, as such I'm going to step down as u-boot sunxi
> custodian.
>
> I've asked Ian if he wanted to pick things up, but he is too
> busy too.
>
> So now the sunxi u-boot support is looking for a new custodian,
> any takers ?

So it looks like there is no-one available to take this over from
me, and I've have managed to successfully hand over maintenance
form a bunch of other projects, so I'll keep doing this for now.

Still if someone wants to take over, please let me know I will
happily step down (and I will be available afterwards to help
out where needed).

Regards,

Hans

* [U-Boot] Stepping down as sunxi u-boot custodian
@ 2016-07-15 13:26   ` Jagan Teki
From: Jagan Teki @ 2016-07-15 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Hans,

Excluded list, have some questions.

I'm planning to take to sunix, is this only u-boot or linux as well?
what all the hw boards should require to purchase?

On 15 July 2016 at 14:15, Hans de Goede <hdegoede@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 04-07-16 14:57, Hans de Goede wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Between my $dayjob, linux-sunxi, other foss projects and last but
>> not least spending time with my wife and children I'm way too
>> busy lately.
>>
>> So I've decided to seriously scale back my involvement in
>> linux-sunxi, as such I'm going to step down as u-boot sunxi
>> custodian.
>>
>> I've asked Ian if he wanted to pick things up, but he is too
>> busy too.
>>
>> So now the sunxi u-boot support is looking for a new custodian,
>> any takers ?
>

> So it looks like there is no-one available to take this over from
> me, and I've have managed to successfully hand over maintenance
> form a bunch of other projects, so I'll keep doing this for now.
>
> Still if someone wants to take over, please let me know I will
> happily step down (and I will be available afterwards to help
> out where needed).

thanks!
--
Jagan.

* [U-Boot] Stepping down as sunxi u-boot custodian
@ 2016-07-25  7:42   ` Maxime Ripard
From: Maxime Ripard @ 2016-07-25  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 10:45:34AM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 04-07-16 14:57, Hans de Goede wrote:
> >Hi All,
> >
> >Between my $dayjob, linux-sunxi, other foss projects and last but
> >not least spending time with my wife and children I'm way too
> >busy lately.
> >
> >So I've decided to seriously scale back my involvement in
> >linux-sunxi, as such I'm going to step down as u-boot sunxi
> >custodian.
> >
> >I've asked Ian if he wanted to pick things up, but he is too
> >busy too.
> >
> >So now the sunxi u-boot support is looking for a new custodian,
> >any takers ?
>
> So it looks like there is no-one available to take this over from
> me, and I've have managed to successfully hand over maintenance
> form a bunch of other projects, so I'll keep doing this for now.
>
> Still if someone wants to take over, please let me know I will
> happily step down (and I will be available afterwards to help
> out where needed).

FWIW, if anyone is interested in taking over, I'm can help with the
load if needed.

Maxime

--
Maxime Ripard, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
* [U-Boot] Stepping down as sunxi u-boot custodian
@ 2016-07-26 22:36     ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2016-07-26 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 09:42:27AM +0200, Maxime Ripard wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 10:45:34AM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 04-07-16 14:57, Hans de Goede wrote:
> > >Hi All,
> > >
> > >Between my $dayjob, linux-sunxi, other foss projects and last but
> > >not least spending time with my wife and children I'm way too
> > >busy lately.
> > >
> > >So I've decided to seriously scale back my involvement in
> > >linux-sunxi, as such I'm going to step down as u-boot sunxi
> > >custodian.
> > >
> > >I've asked Ian if he wanted to pick things up, but he is too
> > >busy too.
> > >
> > >So now the sunxi u-boot support is looking for a new custodian,
> > >any takers ?
> >
> > So it looks like there is no-one available to take this over from
> > me, and I've have managed to successfully hand over maintenance
> > form a bunch of other projects, so I'll keep doing this for now.
> >
> > Still if someone wants to take over, please let me know I will
> > happily step down (and I will be available afterwards to help
> > out where needed).
>
> FWIW, if anyone is interested in taking over, I'm can help with the
> load if needed.

I would also be quite happy to see a joint custodian setup similar to
how some of the Linux Kernel trees are handled, if that would make
things easier as well.

--
Tom
* [U-Boot] Stepping down as sunxi u-boot custodian
@ 2016-07-27 13:28       ` Jagan Teki
From: Jagan Teki @ 2016-07-27 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 27 July 2016 at 04:06, Tom Rini <trini@konsulko.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 09:42:27AM +0200, Maxime Ripard wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 10:45:34AM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> > Hi,

>> > So it looks like there is no-one available to take this over from
>> > me, and I've have managed to successfully hand over maintenance
>> > form a bunch of other projects, so I'll keep doing this for now.
>> >
>> > Still if someone wants to take over, please let me know I will
>> > happily step down (and I will be available afterwards to help
>> > out where needed).
>>
>> FWIW, if anyone is interested in taking over, I'm can help with the
>> load if needed.
>
> I would also be quite happy to see a joint custodian setup similar to
> how some of the Linux Kernel trees are handled, if that would make
> things easier as well.

Does this mean same person(s) to handle both the trees?

--
Jagan.

* [U-Boot] Stepping down as sunxi u-boot custodian
@ 2016-07-27 13:58         ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2016-07-27 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 06:58:24PM +0530, Jagan Teki wrote:
> On 27 July 2016 at 04:06, Tom Rini <trini@konsulko.com> wrote:

> >> FWIW, if anyone is interested in taking over, I'm can help with the
> >> load if needed.
> >
> > I would also be quite happy to see a joint custodian setup similar to
> > how some of the Linux Kernel trees are handled, if that would make
> > things easier as well.
>
> Does this mean same person(s) to handle both the trees?

The people that agree to work together on it would yes, share access to
the tree and coordinate amongst themselves on how to divide the work up.

--
Tom
* [U-Boot] Stepping down as sunxi u-boot custodian
@ 2016-07-27 16:01           ` Jagan Teki
From: Jagan Teki @ 2016-07-27 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 27 July 2016 at 19:28, Tom Rini <trini@konsulko.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 06:58:24PM +0530, Jagan Teki wrote:

>> > I would also be quite happy to see a joint custodian setup similar to
>> > how some of the Linux Kernel trees are handled, if that would make
>> > things easier as well.
>>
>> Does this mean same person(s) to handle both the trees?
>
> The people that agree to work together on it would yes, share access to
> the tree and coordinate amongst themselves on how to divide the work up.

Sounds good to me, and also the person who maintain Linux and
co-maintain in u-boot and vice-versa so-that both the
maintainers/trees should be in-sync, IMHO.

--
Jagan.

* [U-Boot] Stepping down as sunxi u-boot custodian
@ 2016-07-27 18:10             ` Maxime Ripard
From: Maxime Ripard @ 2016-07-27 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 09:31:25PM +0530, Jagan Teki wrote:

> >> Does this mean same person(s) to handle both the trees?
> >
> > The people that agree to work together on it would yes, share access to
> > the tree and coordinate amongst themselves on how to divide the work up.
>
> Sounds good to me, and also the person who maintain Linux and
> co-maintain in u-boot and vice-versa so-that both the
> maintainers/trees should be in-sync, IMHO.

I'm not sure Tom was saying he wanted the Linux maintainers to become
U-Boot maintainers and vice-versa. I think he meant he wanted several
persons to maintain the platform like we're doing in Linux.

Maxime

--
@ 2016-07-27 19:18               ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2016-07-27 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 08:10:08PM +0200, Maxime Ripard wrote:

> > > The people that agree to work together on it would yes, share access to
> > > the tree and coordinate amongst themselves on how to divide the work up.
> >
> > Sounds good to me, and also the person who maintain Linux and
> > co-maintain in u-boot and vice-versa so-that both the
> > maintainers/trees should be in-sync, IMHO.
>
> I'm not sure Tom was saying he wanted the Linux maintainers to become
> U-Boot maintainers and vice-versa. I think he meant he wanted several
> persons to maintain the platform like we're doing in Linux.

Yes, I'd be happy to see something like in Linux.  If the same folks
want to as well, hey, more domain expertise is always better :)

--
Tom