* [WireGuard] suggestion - wg version
@ 2016-08-16 12:41 jens
From: jens @ 2016-08-16 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

wireguard does not output any buildversion , not on wg command or on
dmesg while loading,
this is low hanging fruit and make it particular easy to figure out
which version youre talking about,
and if i really have version 20160808 now, or still stuck on 20160722
(yes sorry, all my build experiments drive me crazy and confuse me a bit :)
(yes i know that ipk file , opkg mechanism tells me something about
version by its given name)

greetz jens

--
make the world nicer, please use PGP encryption

* Re: [WireGuard] suggestion - wg version
@ 2016-08-16 12:46 ` Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2016-08-16 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

It's experimental software; there's no released version. Eventually
the version will be "4.9.3" or whatever kernel you're running.

* Re: [WireGuard] suggestion - wg version
@ 2016-08-16 13:24   ` Alex Xu
From: Alex Xu @ 2016-08-16 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

On Tue, 16 Aug 2016 14:46:35 +0200
"Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason@zx2c4.com> wrote:

> It's experimental software; there's no released version. Eventually
> the version will be "4.9.3" or whatever kernel you're running.

wouldn't be that bad of an idea to include the git hash in the dmesg
output though...