* Development version of sparse?
@ 2016-10-11 17:21 Eric Biggers
From: Eric Biggers @ 2016-10-11 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-sparse

Hi,

I found that the "official" sparse repository,
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/devel/sparse/sparse.git, only contains patches up
to January 2015.

There is another repository, which was more difficult to find, which contains
some more recent patches, but only up to January 2016:
http://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/devel/sparse/chrisl/sparse.git

There have been a number of useful patches posted to the mailing list since then
which don't appear in either repository, such as fixing the prototype for
__builtin_object_size().

Which one, if either, is currently the "official" repository for sparse?  Is
Chris L. still the maintainer?

And if the official repository has changed, can we get some of the links
updated?  For example the one on
https://sparse.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page.

Thanks,

Eric

* Re: Development version of sparse?
@ 2016-10-11 18:38 ` Luc Van Oostenryck
From: Luc Van Oostenryck @ 2016-10-11 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Biggers; +Cc: linux-sparse, sparse

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 10:21:01AM -0700, Eric Biggers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found that the "official" sparse repository,
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/devel/sparse/sparse.git, only contains patches up
> to January 2015.
>
> There is another repository, which was more difficult to find, which contains
> some more recent patches, but only up to January 2016:
> http://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/devel/sparse/chrisl/sparse.git
>
> There have been a number of useful patches posted to the mailing list since then
> which don't appear in either repository, such as fixing the prototype for
> __builtin_object_size().
>
> Which one, if either, is currently the "official" repository for sparse?  Is
> Chris L. still the maintainer?
>
> And if the official repository has changed, can we get some of the links
> updated?  For example the one on
> https://sparse.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eric

Yes, the official repository is indeed:
	 git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/devel/sparse/sparse.git

I consider the other one as Chris' staging/pending tree and indeed
it contains some commits which have never been pushed to the official tree.
And since August 2015, there have been a now a bunch of patches posted on
the mailing list which haven't received any actions or comments from the
maintainer.

Yes, Chris Li is still the maintainer.

Luc Van Oostenryck